Carbine training courses in New England

Atlantis

NES Member
I've looked through the training section, and done a little bit of research.

So far it seems like one of the better/best options for carbine training in the MA/New England area would be Onsight Defensive Carbine course.

Has anyone been through this course? Any other similar courses I should be considering?

Also, regarding gear. I would assume there will be some LEO participants. Ideally, I'd use free state equipment that is currently in NH (AR Pistol, or AR Carbine in free state configuration, PMAGS, etc). I'm guessing that if the course was in MA, I would need to be running prebans and MA compliant setup? Are there any actual LEGAL exceptions for training/coursework?

Onsight has done the class at Ridgeland. I haven't taken this one, but have taken other classes. I would recommend it

sig academy course descriptions state that they offer rifle and gear loans as needed built into the cost of the course. so yoh wouldn't need to worry if you don't have gear or inky have MA neutered stuff.

sig academy course descriptions state that they offer rifle and gear loans as needed built into the cost of the course. so yoh wouldn't need to worry if you don't have gear or inky have MA neutered stuff.

Yeah they seem like a solid program, but are quite sold out.

Yeah they seem like a solid program, but are quite sold out.

Sig is usually sold out on classes worth taking on weekends pretty far out, even in normal times. Throw the 'rona and riots inspired new gun owners on top of that and it must be quite busy. I suggest you look at their schedule early in the year and register months in advance, unless you can take the days out of work. That is what I do.

Ridgeline is awesome and totally worth the trip.

Sig is usually sold out on classes worth taking on weekends pretty far out, even in normal times. Throw the 'rona and riots inspired new gun owners on top of that and it must be quite busy. I suggest you look at their schedule early in the year and register months in advance, unless you can take the days out of work. That is what I do.

Ridgeline is awesome and totally worth the trip.
Unfortunately, Ridgeline shows nothing on their calendar in NH for the remainder of 2020.

Onsight is having a Defensive Carbine class on Oct 11th in Maynard ...

I am strongly considering this course. Just want to make sure I am not overlooking other options in the area. Between the ammo consumption and cost of course, I want to make sure I spend my money right. If anyone has been to this specific course in MA, please PM me, as I have some specific questions that would be better asked in private.

Londonderry F&G hosts some carbine classes occasionally. I assume that checking their calendar might turnup something.

@Atlantis - JeffWatch has some pretty detailed writeups of the various classes offered by OFT, including this carbine class I think. Those should give you a pretty good flavor of the class.

You never said what you were looking to get out of the class? OFTs class is geared more as an intro class so not sure if that is your speed or not. I have taken the class before (indoor range though) and am signed up for the Maynard class too. I thought the rifle class the first time was money well spent. Also, his classes tend to be more affordable, especially when compared to Sig.

@Atlantis - JeffWatch has some pretty detailed writeups of the various classes offered by OFT, including this carbine class I think. Those should give you a pretty good flavor of the class.

You never said what you were looking to get out of the class? OFTs class is geared more as an intro class so not sure if that is your speed or not. I have taken the class before (indoor range though) and am signed up for the Maynard class too. I thought the rifle class the first time was money well spent. Also, his classes tend to be more affordable, especially when compared to Sig.
PM Jeffwatch. He is a solid dude and can steer you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom