• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carbine Question?

Is there a MA compliant .45 caliber carbine that I am just missing? I can't seem to find one.

Since Mass compliance does not apply to long guns, there are plenty available. Only issue is the AWB and many/most of the available .45carbines are not restricted by it.

Looks like Oly is presently only putting them out in .40S&W & 9x19, alas. Not sure how many (or if any?) .45ACPs got out and how many are available. That would be a sweet set-up!

The .45 carbines or carbine-able pistols that I know of are:
  • Thompson/clones
  • MAC-10 .45ACP s/a carbine built on a non-NFA receiver
  • Beretta CX4 (takes Cougar 8000 mags - 8 rounders)
  • Marlin Camp Carbine (takes 1911 mags)
  • H&K USC (not sure about MA AWB status, but I believe they are fixed-stock "thumbhole" models, and there are definitely factory 10-rounders out there)
  • A Mech-Tech Glock (fixed-stock) conversion [also 1911 conversions]
  • And finally, the forthcoming KRISS Vector (Glock 21 mags) - but folding stock + removable mag makes for a no-no under the Mass AWB, if I recall correctly (it uses the fed definition, which bars folding stock on a removable mag weapon)... I'll defer to Scrivener on such questions.

Hope that helps. Of the list, I'd recommend the CX4 heartily, but if you want higher capacity, there were never any after-market 45 Cougar mags over 9 rounds (and Beretta's are 8).

The KRISS will not be Mass legal unless they make a fixed stock version.

In the meantime S&W has yet to produce a MA legal M&P-15 (they offer one model. but it's a varminter set-up), nor has Sig Arms come out with a ban compliant SIG-556.

The same situation can probably be said for the Magpul Masada when that hits the stores.

[thinking]

In the meantime S&W has yet to produce a MA legal M&P-15 (they offer one model. but it's a varminter set-up), nor has Sig Arms come out with a ban compliant SIG-556.

S+W has TWO models, one of them is a crippled 16" model. I'm not
sure if it's on the street yet, but they've been advertising the M+P 15 FT (fixed tactical?) quite heavily.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom