• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carbine Course for someone with a heart issue

I know this probably should have been posted in the training forum but I figured I would get more hits here.

I have a congenital heart defect that doesn't allow me to exert myself for long periods of time (I know, I will most likely be zombie bait during the zombocalypse).

I have seen videos posted by HellRetreat on YT, who is in a wheelchair but totally participating in Carbine courses, so I figure there are instructors out there who teach a low impact course.

Does anyone know of any in the NE area?

most level 1 carbine courses regardless of instructor focus mostly on marksmanship and weapon manipulation. There is not a whole lot of physical exertion in them.

You won't have an issue asking to sit out for certain portions as long as you don't drag down the rest of the class with you.

That's what I would be afraid of though...being a hindrance to the class because of things I cannot do. I know AFS does personal Carbine classes...I was there a long time ago and saw one of the guys there (Matt I believe) doing a one on one with a father and his son.

Contact the Sig academy in NH. From my experience they are approachable and respond personally to customer inquiries and feedback.

Depending on your current skills & knowledge, GOAL offers an intro to the AR15 (Modern Sporting Rifle). Very basic and all static shooting. We also have 2 dynamic carbine classes coming up. Sig is a great option too. Great trainers and facilities. Rob Pincus of ICE offers a great 1- day Carbine Focus Shooting course too. Ton's of great info and low physical stress. Good luck!

Contact the Sig academy in NH. From my experience they are approachable and respond personally to customer inquiries and feedback.
What he said.

Tell the instructor your issue, and he'll have you sit out any drills that you shouldn't be doing. No big deal. Better to do 90% than zero.

I'd hope that you could find an instructor that would go out of his way to work out a course for you given your health issue. If not let me know you and you can shoot the crap out of my AR and AK while we stand around and exert ourselves as little as possible. I'll even criticize your shooting if you want, not that I can offer anything constructive.

I'd hope that you could find an instructor that would go out of his way to work out a course for you given your health issue. If not let me know you and you can shoot the crap out of my AR and AK while we stand around and exert ourselves as little as possible. I'll even criticize your shooting if you want, not that I can offer anything constructive.

Lol thanks man. I already do enough static shooting with my own boomsticks but ill keep it in mind.

I will have to check out all these links. Alot of good info from you guys. I really appreciate it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom