• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Car safe?

Thanks for the link. I was going to put a console vault in my current truck but couldn’t justify the price when a $20 clamshell would do the job.

A Tuffy will likely end up in my next one though.

Bob

Oh sweet Jesus, no, don't do this. This is something drug dealers do. Drug dealers will keep handguns or drugs or cash in safes in cars, which then raises a thousand little bells in the minds of cops.

I can see it right now if a cop pulls you over:

"License and registration."
"Here you are Officer Friendly."
"Sir, what's in the safe?"
"..." OR "My lawfully registered handgun, sir!"
"Sir, please step out of the vehicle" - (clicks radio) "backup requested."
"AM I BEING DETAINED?!?"

where's the safe that he can see it from where he's standing?

Just installed one of these for each vehicle, under driver seat. Seems good. Out of sight, cable locked to the car seat frame mount.

In case I need to store it while carrying.

AD1C85C8-5764-4967-A354-1572658E0A40.jpeg

V-Line Compact Keyless Gun Safe, CA DOJ Certified Portable Quick Access Pistol Safe for a Handgun and Ammo. Mechanical Lock. Amazon.com : V-Line Compact Keyless Gun Safe, CA DOJ Certified Portable Quick Access Pistol Safe for a Handgun and Ammo. Mechanical Lock. Great for Single Handgun When Traveling. : Safes : Sports & Outdoors

To add: to keep it from sliding around I used 3M lock tape to secure to the floor. Easy enough to pull up to drag the box out to access, then put the box back out of sight again

Last edited:
I have this Hornady lock box I bought from Bass Pro. It’s heavy, thick steel and a bar lock with cable. I must have the old model but basically the same. I put those stick on felt pads that go on furniture to the bottom to keep it from sliding around. The cable wraps around the passenger seat mount.

Back
Top Bottom