Car accident with no damage

gamma19

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was rear-ended earlier this afternoon while in stop and go traffic. The car in front pulled forward about 20 feet, and I pulled up as well. The woman behind me pulled up and tapped the back of my car. We both pulled over and inspected our respective vehicles. My car was fine, as was her's except for her registration plate, which was slightly bent. Neither of us wanted to call the police nor trade insurance info since there weren't any injuries or property damage. I did, however, take down her plate and vehicle make/model before I left. Would exchanging insurance info have been a smarter thing to do? I feel that the law in this regard can jam people up if one party decides to call the cops later claiming they were hurt or that it was a hit and run. What would you have done? This was in Massachusetts.

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A lot of hidden damage can happen with modern cars, take it to a body shop to be checked out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes **** happens and you don't make a big deal about it. Post it on the Internet and you'll get a million people telling you that your frame is bent and you probably have whiplash that will cripple you for life.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Has happened to me, a light tap has such little chance of damage,I wouldn't worry about it. A more solid hit with no visible damage is a different story, get it checked out then.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think you handled it very reasonably and wouldn't worry about her later claiming an injury...it's very unlikely. I used to practice personal injury law and never encountered any cases or claims that arose from a situation like this, meaning the odds are in your favor (not to mention the facts and law). People need to learn to let the small bumps in life be small bumps, and I think that's what you did. So good for you and don't over stress about it. ;)

pdm

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
A guy hit my rear bumper on the onramp from 85 to the 290 extension once. I hopped out, saw a couple of scratches, gave the bumper cover a shake to see if it was loose, then said it was fine. He was real apologetic, which may have contributed to my good humor about it all. No harm, no foul.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This same thing happened to me once. Got the driver's contact info. Had it looked at by a body shop. Called the lady and told her there was no damage to my car and she needn't worry about it.

Alex9661

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
No visible damage means no damage period. Modern plastic bumpers crack if you use harsh language within 100 yds. Intact bumper and structural damage underneath it can't happen.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are concerned, call up your insurance agent and report it and give details so it's in the record but make sure they know it's for CYA/record only and you don't actually wish to make a claim.

Top Bottom