Capital Grille

Wolf99

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am taking my wife out tonight to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. [smile] We are going to go to the Capital grill.....anyone have recommendations on the Newbury St. location or the Chestnut Hill one?? We have been to the Providence one a few times but we would like to try new location. Any input would be appreciated.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
They're both nice. Of course Chestnut hill is a bit more mello.
What ever happened to Isaac's lobster by the pound?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was a valet at the Chestnut Hill location for a couple years, the staff and crowd were always very friendly.

If you plan on going out after dinner, yeah, Newbury street is obviously the way to go. Chestnut Hill is much easier to park or have it parked. It WAS free valet when i was there. Newbury street charges i'm pretty sure.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
What about the one in Burlington?

Not sure where the OP lives (or is coming from) but any time I can get away with not having to drive into Boston is a good one.

-Mike

Bob P

NES Member
Rating - 96.8%
30   1   0
There's a garage that's (Boston) reasonable just 4 doors down from the resto on Newbury. Now that the Sox are out there's no worry there.

The Goose

NES Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I live in Burlington so I go to the one here now. However, I think the Chestnut Hill one is very nice. Easier to get to and easier to park. In terms of the "crowd", who cares. I don't go to the Capital Grille to socialize. Steak, hhhhhmmmmmmm!

Another_David

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
If you do go to Newbury St. The Blue Cat Cafe on Mass Ave at Newbury is a swanky place for a drink.

and then of course there's Cigarmaster's but maybe she wouldn't like that

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Hope you get a few more dinners than most of my friends. I'm at 24 years with the same lady.

DT Nashua is also a forgotten spot.

I hate parking (and paying) for Boston. CH is a nice spot and I'm due for a visit.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've never been to the one on Newbury, but I'd choose Chestnut Hill over Burlington. The Burlington one feels more like a standard chain restaurant to me, the Chestnut Hill one has a bit more ambiance. But I prefer The Coach Grill in Sudbury. Somewhat less expensive, and just as good.

Just ate at the Ruth's Chris on Beacon Hill for the first time a couple weeks ago and was less than impressed, personally.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Abe and Louie's on Boylston St. Much better atmosphere and the food is far superior.

Speaking of parking I NEVER, EVER let those jackass valets park my car.

A few years ago I went to Grill 23 for dinner with Mrs. Chow and valet parked my new Corvette with less that 100 miles on it.
So I come out and take a look at the car, as I always do, and isn't the door chipped. Big Problem. As I later found out the restaurants don't hire the valets, they are an outsourced company. Called and told them what had happened. They refused to compensate me for the damage. Contacted a lawyer friend and he sent them a letter that we would see them in court. A few days later they called and said to get an estimate for the repairs they would pay.

Make sure you always check the car before you drive away from the valet. Once you leave it's out of their hands according to the verbage on the parking valet ticket.

The jerkoff probably beat the shit out of my car too. Reminds me of the scene in Ferris Beuler's day off.

Top Bottom