• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cape Gun Works Re-Opening With New Range

the shooter couldn't harm anyone else
Hope you have drains in the floor and a water supply. I read once that a gun range needs to budget one suicide per 30,000 visits into the business plan.

I've shot competitively forever (1985 to present) and have seen squibs, high primers, failures to ignite, etc. since the vast majority of rounds shot at USPSA matches are reloads, and even saw one barrel split from a squib - but have never seen a shooter injured from one.

No reloads in rented guns
if I rented out guns, I would require a cash bond equal to the wholesale price of the weapon if the renter was using reloads. (Charge card submissions can be contested; cash is more certain).

That photo shows the most common type of squib - no powder, and the bullet is lodged far enough back in the bbl that the next round will not chamber and thus poses no danger. I've seen this happen on many occasions.

The squib where a bullet is lodged further down the barrel is rare, but it happens. I've seen that once in many years of shooting.
Tough to make that call, but we have seen too many guns blown up to allow them...
2c85fd470dcdf90a5da4c27120ffc54d.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hope you have drains in the floor and a water supply. I read once that a gun range needs to budget one suicide per 30,000 visits into the business plan.

I've shot competitively forever (1985 to present) and have seen squibs, high primers, failures to ignite, etc. since the vast majority of rounds shot at USPSA matches are reloads, and even saw one barrel split from a squib - but have never seen a shooter injured from one.

if I rented out guns, I would require a cash bond equal to the wholesale price of the weapon if the renter was using reloads. (Charge card submissions can be contested; cash is more certain).
Yeah at the very least, reloads would be possible in customer guns only...

I want to send out a big thank you to the folks at the Cape Gun Works range. Thanks for treating us so kindly. I just wish the hardware had behaved better. It appears as though the barrel nut was as loose as the nut holding the grips. [wink]

I want to send out a big thank you to the folks at the Cape Gun Works range. Thanks for treating us so kindly. I just wish the hardware had behaved better. It appears as though the barrel nut was as loose as the nut holding the grips. [wink]
Thank you for coming! Noticing that a lot of cycles and cleaning have shown us we need to do a cursory tighten down to a lot of screws and nuts on the gun's! Like the Blue Angels on a pre-flight check before the air show!

Last edited:
I'll be back again this weekend, are the rates the same after labor day? I overheard a gentleman behind the desk talking about off season, but didn't want to listen in or barge in on their conversation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Awesome Glad to have you back! Our rates are the same for day use, he was probably referring to the membership rates. We offer an off season discounted membership that is valid from labor day to memorial day...
Thanks again!
Toby

Back
Top Bottom