• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cape Gun Works Re-Opening With New Range

Should have stopped by! Howie Carr is broadcasting live today from 3 to 7 pm...book signing tomorrow from 12 to 1

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Headed down in a few weeks for vacay. Most definitely stopping by to check out the new facilities and opening up the wallet and throwing money at you!! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

There are several drug possession charges under MGL c. 94C s. 34 as well as possession with intent of class D or E (MGL c. 94C Ss. 32c(a), 32C(b), 32D(a), and 32D(b)) that could still be Mass prohibitive but not federally prohibitive, once the federal prohibition of firearm possession by persons who are the unlawful user of/ addicted to controlled substances is remedied.

Remember, also, that there are people who may have convictions from states other than Massachusetts that would be prohibitive under Massachusetts law but not under federal law. For example, in 2015, Connecticut made possession of many types of controlled substances a class A misdemeanor. There are also numerous crimes of violence from other states that are misdemeanors punishable by less than 2 years imprisonment. And let's not forget the people with out of state, misdemeanor weapons violations....

Lastly, there are also individuals whom may have been denied an LTC or FID on more subjective grounds- who are not inherently disqualified but whom an issuing authority decided was not suitable for some reason.
Clear as mud...[emoji30]

Was Howie Carr doing a remote broadcast from there today? I caught a little of the show and thought he said something about it. Oops should have read previous posts question answered.

Stopped into the new store this weekend, every time I'm in Hyannis at my wife's parents place I stop by. There old shop was great to I bought a couple pistols there. The new place is by far one of the best shops in the state. The owner is really nice, everyone was nice. I bought some 10mm and my friend bought a knife even though we didn't spend a fortune they are good to you. Can't wait to come back I want to buy a scorpion from them.

I have to make the time to get down to see you. Place is way to nice not to check it out.
It is a bit of a drive, but I usually take some time in the off season to get out and visit customers and will make an excuse to get to the Cape.

Just curious? How is business? I hope it is booming because this state desperately needs more places just like Cape Gun Works. NES should do what ever we can to support CGW just because of the courage it takes to put something of this caliber together ( no pun intended ) in a gun friendly state, let alone in Mass.
I wish you continued success.

I have to make the time to get down to see you. Place is way to nice not to check it out.
It is a bit of a drive, but I usually take some time in the off season to get out and visit customers and will make an excuse to get to the Cape.

Just curious? How is business? I hope it is booming because this state desperately needs more places just like Cape Gun Works. NES should do what ever we can to support CGW just because of the courage it takes to put something of this caliber together ( no pun intended ) in a gun friendly state, let alone in Mass.
I wish you continued success.
Thanks very much! Word is getting out. It is getting busier, and summer is historically a slow season so we are in good position for the fall. We appreciate the support and your welcome anytime!

I'm headed over there for the first time thursday. I've heard great things. Looking forward to it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

summer is historically a slow season
You need to work on the "shooting experience package" for vacationers. It won't be as easy as in Vegas since you cannot allow unlicensed persons to hold a machine gun in the DPRM, but you might be able to put together something and advertise it at local hotels & B&Bs. That Herkbabe chick could pick people up, wow them with her battle stories from Bosnia, then show them a good time on you range.

You need to work on the "shooting experience package" for vacationers. It won't be as easy as in Vegas since you cannot allow unlicensed persons to hold a machine gun in the DPRM, but you might be able to put together something and advertise it at local hotels & B&Bs. That Herkbabe chick could pick people up, wow them with her battle stories from Bosnia, then show them a good time on you range.

Yeah we currently have a few good packages and are getting into some good areas with displays. We have had a steady tourist business and I am sure that will build next summer. I am not complaining, I couldn't e happier with the progress, and the finished product. Look forward to serving the whole northeast! We have something for everyone!

Went yesterday as planned. Very impressed with the facilities and the professionalism of the staff. I was very comfortable and had a fantastic time. Will definitely be back. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

No reloads / hand loads [sad2]
Tough to make that call, but we have seen too many guns blown up to allow them...
2c85fd470dcdf90a5da4c27120ffc54d.jpg

Tough to make that call, but we have seen too many guns blown up to allow them...
If your target market is designed to exclude serious shooters, the policy will not be a problem. If you are targeting serious shooters who use ranges regularly, this will cross you off their list.

If your target market is designed to exclude serious shooters, the policy will not be a problem. If you are targeting serious shooters who use ranges regularly, this will cross you off their list.
We may revisit, and have made exceptions for a few of the people I know who are competitive shooters...the good news is the booths are ballistic booths so most likely, the shooter couldn't harm anyone else except an rso in the case of a customer asking for help...

Back
Top Bottom