• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can't reassemble my Series 80 1911

I'm about to blow my top here, guys. I have a Series 80 1911 which I details stripped and cleaned a couple weeks back. Problem is, I forgot it was a Series 80 until those little 'extra' parts came tumbling out, and now I can't seem to get it back together properly.

I reassembled it once, thought I was good to go, took it to the range but quickly found out I couldn't insert a mag. One of those 'extra' parts was backwards.

Took it home, stripped it again, figured out what was backwards, and function tested it with dummy rounds: it loads and the hammer falls, so I thought I was golden.

Took it back to the range, loaded, pulled the trigger: nothing. I did the pencil test: nothing. The hammer isn't hitting the firing pin. Apparently there's a little nub in the slide that needs to be depressed, and whatever is supposed to be depressing it isn't.

And now I'm stuck. The only reassembly instructions I can find for a Series 80 are text only and poorly written at that. I grew up with Legos, I'm a visual kind of guy - does anyone have a diagram or instructions with some freakin' pictures so I can put this thing back together??? I'd really appreciate it!

There are two parts in the lower for the Series 80. My guess is that you have the lower (and larger) on in correctly, and the upper one reversed.

Back
Top Bottom