Can't put my Ruger SP101 back together.

JonathonEmergency

NES Member
I took my SP101 apart, and now I'm having trouble putting it back together. I can get the trigger assembly in, and it seems fine, but I can't pull the trigger all the way back. I'm trying to find a video on line that will help (like I did when I couldn't put my MK III back together), but the only one I can find just says "this part is kind of tricky", and doesn't really help. If anyone out there can help, I would appreciate it.

It's no shame to take a shoe box full of parts to a competent gunsmith and ask him to put it back together. Just have him show you. I've done it twice.

Yeah, I have a feeling it's broken, or I lost a small piece or something. I may have to take your advice, rep308. Thanks everyone.

does anyone know if I should be able to pull the trigger back all the way when the trigger assembly is out of the gun? I have a feeling I'm putting it back together correctly, but there's something wrong with the trigger assembly. The trigger seems like it's stuck for some reason.

I don't own a SP101 but as far as I can tell they have similar trigger assemblies as the GP100.

I know with my GP100 they tell you NOT to pull the trigger while the trigger assembly is out of the gun. Small parts will go flying.

Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom