Can't post replies to a WTS add, why?

Terry Schultz

NES Member
When looking at my WTS add a popup shows up that says Replies are not allowed in this area. Yet I see other adds with replies. I read threw the instructions and nothing is mentioned about this. Can someone tell me why no one can post a reply to my add and I cannot post a reply to other adds? Not complaining just wondering.

You can only reply to your own ads. Back when replies were allowed, there was a lot of "thread crapping" and it isn't allowed any more. If you have questions, PM the poster.

You can only reply to your add to bump it every 7 days. Other people cannot reply to your ad. They will either Pm you or use what contact method you have listed in the ad.

When looking at my WTS add a popup shows up that says Replies are not allowed in this area. Yet I see other adds with replies. I read threw the instructions and nothing is mentioned about this. Can someone tell me why no one can post a reply to my add and I cannot post a reply to other adds? Not complaining just wondering.

Cannot reply to anyone else's WTS or WTB adds - can reply to your own WTS once every seven days as a means to bump it to the top

Edit: What hijix says

Yet I see other adds with replies.
i also have seen replies in wts ads and not by the original poster. these were recent ads, not hold outs from the past. not many, very few in fact, spread out over some time, but i thought it odd myself but never questioned it. and yes, as i looked at those answered posts i got the box telling me it wasn't possible to place replies in wts posts. for the record, the replies weren't negative, no post bashing, usually just comments on the item, but a different user name than the op.

The only way to directly reply to WTS ads is to simultaneously hold down the 'ctrl', 'alt', 'backspace', and 'Esc' keys while typing your message. It won't work if you don't press all those keys at the same exact time before typing.

The only way to directly reply to WTS ads is to simultaneously hold down the 'ctrl', 'alt', 'backspace', and 'Esc' keys while typing your message. It won't work if you don't press all those keys at the same exact time before typing.

This is a misdirection and will harm the health of the unborn in your household.

DON'T DO IT unless you have first inserted a cartridge in your rectum.

I have responded with a question shortly after the original post forgetting you can't and it posts but 20 mins later its locked for replies. Sh!t happens but for the most part you haven't been able to for some time. My one bad boy was for crapping up a want ad long ago.

This is a misdirection and will harm the health of the unborn in your household.

DON'T DO IT unless you have first inserted a cartridge in your rectum.

Well duh- who doesn't keister carry a spare cartridge? Where else would you carry it?

Hey Terry Schultz, welcome to the forum! As before answered, you need to send a PM (private message) to the person posting the WTS.

And when are you guys gonna dump NYC from the state? Buffalo area is great, can't say the same for that other part of NY.

Because everyone’s a comedian. So you post your super awesome Walter PPK. And then 10 guys immediately chime in on how much they suck but for boat anchors. Which is true, but Good luck selling that after the peanut gallery chimes in. Wts Ads became off topic monkey crap throwing contests, and we already have a room dedicated to that.

Hey Terry Schultz, welcome to the forum! As before answered, you need to send a PM (private message) to the person posting the WTS.

And when are you guys gonna dump NYC from the state? Buffalo area is great, can't say the same for that other part of NY.

I just wish we could dump NYC from the rest of the state. There has been some proposals to make Western New York a differant state, but so far nothing has come of the idea.

I just wish we could dump NYC from the rest of the state. There has been some proposals to make Western New York a differant state, but so far nothing has come of the idea.

A lot of us have been hoping for the same thing for a long time. Upstate NY is a beautiful area.

Back
Top Bottom