• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cant for IWB holsters

Am I the only one that likes a straight drop for CCW with an IWB holster? For some reason the 15 degree forward cant just doesn't carry well for me. I carry at about 2:30-3:00 anything other than that just doesn't work when sitting down for me. I'm mostly referring to subcompact/compacts.

I ordered/rec'd another High Noon- this time a Down Under with the clip because the Hideaway isn't available with a darn slide guard! I have a new Milt Sparks Clipper that is a straight drop that I like a lot as well.

I prefer a little more muzzle-rear cant than that but I also position the holster closer to 4:00. Try sticking out your index finger, hooking your thumb onto your belt, and moving your hand along your belt from 1:00 to 5:00. I bet you'll find the most ergonomic cant going from muzzle forward to straight drop to muzzle rear.

One of the things that I really like about my C-TAC is that I could fiddle with the cant until I found what worked for me. I've since bought non-adjustable holsters with a fixed cant identical to what I settled on with the C-TAC. If I'd started with a fixed cant holster I'd probably have a few more in the box o' holsters.

For me the slight muzzle-forward position seems to work best. I guess it's all in how it feels and works for you.

I agree with DR, 4:00 for me and the C-TAC let me play around to get the best combination of ease of draw and comfort when carrying.

That makes sense DR. However placing the holster at 4:00 just doesn't feel right for me... and yes.. I DO have a whole bunch of holsters....

Back
Top Bottom