can't find any info on these (kimber pepper spray)

Are these legal in MA?? Or are they too gun like and thus banned? I'm looking for a half way decent form of CC since my town isn't green and won't permit people ALP licenses. I'm all set with those little squirt cans that mist like Binaca breath spray and are only good at about 3 feet. I'm looking for something for the wife to carry also since we work in a crappy part of town and recently the parking lot to are work has become the place to hang out if your an unemployed, homeless junkie. A lot of nice cars have been getting broken into lately and theres nothing the police nor my boss can do about it.
http://www.kimberamerica.com/shop/product.php?xProd=432&xSec=2

As long as you've got at least a restricted FID, you should be ok. The only possible exception, if these could be considered "imitation firearms" they would then be illegal for private detectives and private security guards to carry while on duty (C. 147 § 29). That's a bit of a stretch though.

You only get two shots, better not miss.

technically three shots cause it's pretty cheap, so last resort you huck the whole thing at the bad guy.[smile] I watched a video on it and it seems pretty accurate. Besides, since I can't carry a firearm its better than nothing at all.

As long as you've got at least a restricted FID, you should be ok. The only possible exception, if these could be considered "imitation firearms" they would then be illegal for private detectives and private security guards to carry while on duty (C. 147 § 29). That's a bit of a stretch though.

I have a restricted class A but I'm going to have the GF sign of for an FID card. I don't see why it wouldn't be MA legal. I think it's a little much for the GF though, maybe the palm version will be better suited.

Keep in mind they won't mail order to MA so you will have to work around that... [wink]

of course they wont[angry] I could get my .22 ammo very cheap if I could mail order that too.

I wonder if it's illegal to have it sent to my bosses house in NH with the intent of using it in Ma. (the pepper spray that is, not the .22 ammo)

NICE!! He has offered to do it for me on the ammo but I always decline. I may just order on of these kimber doo hickeys and try it out. By the measurements it looks pretty slim and short but kinda long. Worth a shot

you could take a ride up to NH - Im fairly certain I remember seeing a "demo" unit of the kimber spray at Rileys in Hookset so you can check out its form factor and size. IMO its bigger than it looks in pics

you could take a ride up to NH - Im fairly certain I remember seeing a "demo" unit of the kimber spray at Rileys in Hookset so you can check out its form factor and size. IMO its bigger than it looks in pics

I might just do that, I'm up there every now and then not that it's too far to drive just for the heck of it. I will definitely try finding one in person before I buy. If only lowell would issue an ALP permit instead of this restricted BS.

Bradley - just FYI, their shop is great, so be sure to look around, and check their ammo prices. but i'm sure I didn't have to tell you that...

Reviving this thread. I had bought Kimber Pepperblaster from mail order two years ago. Now no one will ship to Massachusetts. Anyone know who stocks these in the sate?

Back
Top Bottom