Can't believe this is printed on CNN !!!!

Love the whole article, but especially the closing remarks...
"We live in a society where no one is there to protect us. The police come after the crime, not before. I do not have 24/7 armed protection like you do, Mr. President. Neither do my children.

So until you can explain to this nation why your old city of Chicago has rising murder rates by guns, despite some of the strictest gun control laws in the country, I will continue to support the NRA, I will continue to urge others to support the Second Amendment and I will continue to vote for those politicians that support my views. I will also support the notion of placing armed police, veterans, etc. in our schools.

Why should your children, Mr. President, be of the select few children in this country who are protected by armed guards? Why are your children more special than mine?"

Damn fine story, but man some of the people and their comments just don't get it at all! Unfortunately they are the ones that will never have any kind of occurrence happen to them to even warrant the need for a firearm for protection.

Charles.

Damn fine story, but man some of the people and their comments just don't get it at all! Unfortunately they are the ones that will never have any kind of occurrence happen to them to even warrant the need for a firearm for protection.

Charles.

To those commenters I would say, If you decide that responsibility for your safety lies in the hands of civil servants with firearms and you reject civilian owned firearms, and you find yourself in need of saving; I will happily abide by your wishes.

Very well articulated in a short read. I forwarded that to my wife (not very pro-2A) and bunch of friends, mostly hers. I don't send them pro-2A emails they don't send me why they think more gun control is a good thing, we agree to disagree on the subject. This one I felt was worth the read. I opted to skip reading the comments because I know exactly what would be there and I am in a pretty good mood today, no need to get irritated over that group :)

Wow... just wow!

Now if media could show both sides from now on people could make a better decision about where they would like to stand!

good story , the problem is I just got sucked into arguing with morons for an hour and had to explain the difference between a clip and a magazine.

Does anyone else notice that no matter what site posts a gun article, whether pro or anti. The comments section is DOMINATED by pro 2a folks? This cannot be coincidence, I'm pretty sure those statistics are massaged. The media can keep telling everyone that there aren't that many gun owners around but it just isnt true at all.

I honestly do not understand how these liberals can be so hypocritical:

"I don't want any little 'adam lanza's' in my community. You pro 2a people are all about some delusional fantasy about being a 'victim'."

hmm... Number of mass shootings/unjustified gun-related homicides vs. number of ALL crimes prevented by the use of a firearm...

I'd bet that the number of attempted murders prevented with a firearm far outweighs the deaths caused

The article is a good read - especially for CNN.

But I can't help but notice the links to all the other stories they have between each paragraph. Like the plug for Anderson Cooper's look at both sides of the gun debate. And the link to the article "Why would someone own a military-style rifle," which spoon feeds the readers with "sampled" gun owners' reasoning. They include fabulous reasons under such great subtitles like "Some people play golf, others bowl. I shoot." or "Fascination with the Second Amendment." and this great one "Its Cool."

Scroll a bit further down and look at the list of article links; all tragedies and "gun violence" stories.

Don't be fooled. No matter how they change their tactics in order to position or subtly deliver their message on the surface, CNN is full of shit. They have one goal - to make all gun owners look like a bunch of selfish, uneducated, extremists and /or crazies who do not care about people. They lead readers in with a seemingly fair view of the "gun owners side" and barrage them with links to the violent crime / tragedy stories in an attempt to sway opinions.

Last edited:
The article is a good read - especially for CNN.

But I can't help but notice the links to all the other stories they have between each paragraph. Like the plug for Anderson Cooper's look at both sides of the gun debate. And the link to the article "Why would someone own a military-style rifle," which spoon feeds the readers with "sampled" gun owners' reasoning. They include fabulous reasons under such great subtitles like "Some people play golf, others bowl. I shoot." or "Fascination with the Second Amendment." and this great one "Its Cool."

Scroll a bit further down and look at the list of article links; all tragedies and "gun violence" stories.

Don't be fooled. No matter how they change their tactics in order to position or subtly deliver their message on the surface, CNN is full of shit. They have one goal - to make all gun owners look like a bunch of selfish, uneducated, extremists and /or crazies who do not care about people. They lead readers in with a seemingly fair view of the "gun owners side" and barrage them with links to the violent crime / tragedy stories in an attempt to sway opinions.

Crap like that is always there now, look at the stories about the crap in korea, it's there also.

Charles.

It's the obligatory 1 in 8 gun-related articles that is pro-2A. For every one like this, they print 7 against and those 7 are really opinion pieces devoid of facts.

Back
Top Bottom