• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTS Cannondale SM-2000 mountain bike ("Vintage"!)

milktree

NES Member
Cannondale SM2000 for sale: $300 (make me an offer I shouldn't refuse!)
20 inch frame

more pictures here:

This is not a new bike. It’s not even a new-ish bike. I guess the term these days is “vintage”. I built this bike when I was working at a bicycle shop in 1990. Yes, that’s 32 years ago.

This bike has some scratches and dings and its fair share of dirt. I put some work into cleaning it up, but it would look better with a little more.

Having said that... it was the top of the line Cannondale you could get then.

One difference: The SM-2000 had an aluminum “Pepperoni” fork. The frame I got has the Ritchey Logic chromoly fork found on the SM-1000. Otherwise it’s an SM-2000:

Shimano Deore XT shifters, deraileurs, hubs, brakes, cranks, sprockets, pedals, toe-clips, etc..

The wheels have Araya RM-17 rims from a Nishiki Alien, (remember them?) As good as was on the SM-2000.

The seat wore out years ago, hence the one that’s on it now. Everyone buys their own seat anyway, right?

When I built this I thought I needed/wanted a mountain bike. It turns out I was wrong. That’s why it has 80/20 road/off-road tires, and why I haven’t ridden it in years. (I have a road bike that gets the miles)

I was a professional bike mechanic when I built this, and the tech to maintain it hasn’t changed. It’s ready to go!

It comes with some extras:

- water bottle cage
- five (5) extra tubes (three new, two in package, two lightly used)
- four (4) dirt tires: two Ritchey Megabite Z-max, two Ritchey Megabite 2.0
- Trek Radar bike computer (needs battery, worked great when I last used it
- Zefal HPX-4 frame mounted pump (worth $40 right there!)
- Blackburn Mountain rack (super sturdy!)
DSC_5909.JPG

Back
Top Bottom