• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canned food

OK, I don't want this to go off topic. I'm only talking about canned food you buy at the grocery.

I'm by myself so I don't have to worry about a family. I figure I could live indefinitely on one can of food a day and could easily store two or three months worth

If you were to pick only one can of 12 oz food what would be the most filling and nutritional?

I'm thinking Dinty Moore Beef Stew to start with. What are your thoughts?[grin]

Dinty Moore is the best. SpagettiO's and Beefaroni are not far behind

Dinty Moore is the best. SpagettiO's and Beefaroni are not far behind

That's disgusting! Can you still get the canned ravioli? Man, THAT was good!

Seriously, though .... watch out for the high salt. And some of those other wacky preservatives. I like to leep a lot of dry goods on hand. Pasta, like elbows and linguini, seem to last forever. Egg noodles, too. Of course, that presupposes access to water and heat ...

Yup, I keep canned ravioli and spaghetti o's around for the boy, along with spam, and vienna sausages. he'll be cleaning me out when he goes for his two week AT.[laugh]

Canned Peas

Well way back when I was in skool a Marketing Professer who taught some of my classes told us about an account that he had back when he was just starting out in Marketing down in New York Shitty.

They had a customer whom had a canned meat product and wanted to come up with ad advertising slogan that would make a million bucks.

So the Professer set up a table down on a busy city street and gave out blind samples to homeless people and asked what they liked about the food.

Well you guessed it.

They said that they would buy it because it contained

"Real Meat & Meat by products"

Here is my Canned Vegtable Garden that I planted 2 weeks ago.

Recipe: Fill each bucket with 90% Manure and 10% compost and 2% Lime with a dash of 10-10-10 and water ( add a handfull of Worms). Cover with construction plastic for a week and Bang you got it!

bucket081.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom