Canik tp9sfx anyone have one? Review?

this seems like a lot of gun for very little money and a couple of FFL's have them in stock for short money
just wondering if anyone has one and can give us some feedback.
I'm hoping this is not another ....you get what you pay for disappointment, as I'd love to grab something I can use in production
as my PC 9L is ported and has a Red Dot on it so it's a no go

A shadow 2 would be my ideal but that's a lot more money and they are hard to find around these parts (without getting raped $$$$)

The TP9 series is a walther P99/PPQ done up turkish style. The TP9SF is excellent in every way. If their fancier models are as good as their base models, just buy the damn thing you’ll be happy. The triggers are stupid nice. If someone cant shoot a canik TP9 they got issues.

the barrel to slide lockup on my TP9SF isnt the snuggest around but for the type of shooting I do at the range its more than accurate enough. And often that slightly looser fit allows it to run better when filthy.

Last edited:
SWEET - Is the SFX sold in MA ??? WHO HAS THEM ????
I have the SF and it is a great shooting pistol - very accurate,with a ridiculously nice trigger. Mine has not had one hiccup, with 2400 rounds so far

Gartman arms and the sportsmens den both have them

They have the Sfx?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
that's what he told me on the phone. I was going to use them for the TS transfers but when I ordered the other day I noticed that they are no longer on the list , so I never went down there (too bad I was going to probably buy one when I did my 1rst ammo transfer there as a sign of appreciation)
I physically handled one at Gartman arms, so I know they definitely have them

that's what he told me on the phone. I was going to use them for the TS transfers but when I ordered the other day I noticed that they are no longer on the list , so I never went down there (too bad I was going to probably buy one when I did my 1rst ammo transfer there as a sign of appreciation)
I physically handled one at Gartman arms, so I know they definitely have them

I see they are in Wrentham, I will have to go and check the store out. Thanks!

Please stop worrying about the list and if you feel a dealer is selling something off the list then best not to post anything here.

despite my enthusiasm for the TP9SF and having no plans to sell mine, last week I did a side by side comparison of the M&P 2.0 and the TP9SF. Much to my surprise the M&P 2.0 felt smoother and more natural at least in my hands. The 2.0 seems to cycle quicker. The TP9SF has a rather heavy slide which I think slows down the cycling time. Both are fantastic guns, however, and wouldnt hesitate purchasing a Canik.

Please stop worrying about the list and if you feel a dealer is selling something off the list then best not to post anything here.

despite my enthusiasm for the TP9SF and having no plans to sell mine, last week I did a side by side comparison of the M&P 2.0 and the TP9SF. Much to my surprise the M&P 2.0 felt smoother and more natural at least in my hands. The 2.0 seems to cycle quicker. The TP9SF has a rather heavy slide which I think slows down the cycling time. Both are fantastic guns, however, and wouldnt hesitate purchasing a Canik.

is your M&P 2.0 the 5" model?
that would be my first choice as it keeps my platform consistent (I run a PC 9L with a redo dot as my main target gun now)
did you have to upgrade the trigger on it?

My 2.0 is the 4.25 inch model. I did not expect to like the 2.0 at all. In fact in other threads I was semi ridiculing it. Then i fondled it and found the trigger really sweet. At the range its an absolute beast. It needs ZERO trigger work. Even w the annoying S&W hinged trigger it feels fantastic.

Any decent dealer should be able to get you whatever model looking for or transfer it for you. Then again if youve already got an M&P in the stable why not go with the Canik?

I have an sfx and like it a lot. Got it from gartman. Haven't put the red dot on it yet but shoots great. If your in the taunton area your welcome to try it out.

I have an sfx and like it a lot. Got it from gartman. Haven't put the red dot on it yet but shoots great. If your in the taunton area your welcome to try it out.

You mind me asking what you paid for it? Local shop to me has a standard TP9SF, black or FDE, for $399 +tax. Is the SFX model much more than that?

Any shops in NH have an sfx? I'd like to get my hands on one. I handled an SF and was surprised how much I dug it. Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

Bought an SFx for myself and my son picked up an SF Elite. WOW! Just WOW!!!

The SFx came with a Vortex Viper red dot that sells separately for $230. The SFx is the target version and comes with 5.2" barrel, ported slide and just frigging amazing trigger. It would be a good trigger if it were a hammer fired trigger. But it's the best striker fire trigger I've ever shot.

I'm going back to pick up the Elite model for myself too. Can't say enough good things about it.

Just a heads up... I did have some FTE's initially. A fair number actually. Took took the new gun apart and it was really quite dry. And the recoil spring seemed almost frozen to the guide rod. Cleaned and lubed and went back to the range. Not a single problem through several hundred rounds.

I'm really, really impressed!

Bought an SFx for myself and my son picked up an SF Elite. WOW! Just WOW!!!

The SFx came with a Vortex Viper red dot that sells separately for $230. The SFx is the target version and comes with 5.2" barrel, ported slide and just frigging amazing trigger. It would be a good trigger if it were a hammer fired trigger. But it's the best striker fire trigger I've ever shot.

I'm going back to pick up the Elite model for myself too. Can't say enough good things about it.

Just a heads up... I did have some FTE's initially. A fair number actually. Took took the new gun apart and it was really quite dry. And the recoil spring seemed almost frozen to the guide rod. Cleaned and lubed and went back to the range. Not a single problem through several hundred rounds.

I'm really, really impressed!
They also say if you leave the slide locked back for a couple days and help the issue

After all the positives with my TP9SF. I had to have the SFX. The SFX is a sweet gun. One of the best kept secrets. Ill argue one of the best triggers out there out of the box and a lot of bang for the buck as a range gun

Love it.

You mind me asking what you paid for it? Local shop to me has a standard TP9SF, black or FDE, for $399 +tax. Is the SFX model much more than that?

Gartman has sfx for 600 without red dot. Which is a bit steep. Free states sell them for 450-500. They are 450 ish at grabagun right now

Gartman has sfx for 600 without red dot. Which is a bit steep. Free states sell them for 450-500. They are 450 ish at grabagun right now
dealer cost went up january 1. 450 is under current dealer cost. They also only had 20rd mag versions available until very recently so dealers had to by 10rd mags to replace the 20s. This added to the cost in retarded states. 600 + tax is actually reasonable given the cost structure of the gun right now

Took mine to the range for the first time today. Purchased it late March 2018. I have to say I loved it. No issues at all and the feel of it was great. Would definitely recommend it to anyone and for the price it’s hard to beat. The tp9sf model, didn’t mention.

Last edited:
Can't keep'em on the shelf. Landed on the Elite model personally; I like it better because it has big/usable but slim/lowpro ambi controls similar to an older HK pistol. The cheaper decocker model shoots great but the controls were a bit too small for my taste and the decocker seems... useless I suppose - I had a USSC 22lr (another Walther clone, but shaped like a Glock) that was also a single action decocker gun and that was as much a mystery.

Either one is a great pistol. Either one comes with a comprehensive starter kit. Either one can accepted modified preban 92FS mags.

Going to start stocking these or making these- never thought about it, but that decocker on the el cheapo model could be trouble.
Canik TP9SA Decock Block™ | Arson Machine Co.

Back
Top Bottom