• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canik tp9sf Elite sight upgrade

I recently had the pleasure purchasing a Canik tp9sf Elite. What a great shooting gun! Nice finish, phenomenal trigger, but the Warren Tactical Sights that come with it absolutely suck. They're awful.
I can buy replacement sights from Canik directly for 125 but wondering what other options there were. Nobody makes sights for this as far as I know.
My understanding is that the front sight is the same cut as a Smith & Wesson m&p and the rear sight is from a Glock. Can anyone else confirm this? Or his anyone else upgraded the sights on a Canik?

The front sight is invisible in low light conditions. The rear sight is featureless and very sharp when wearing it in an inside holster.

Personally, I love the Warren Tactical sights on my Canik.

My understanding is it's an M&P front and glock rear....from what I've heard.

I just happen to have a glock rear sight (plastic) and an M&P shield front sight from changes I did to night sights on a couple guns. The M&P front sight may be a little messed up from banging it out, but the blade is good....but your welcome to both for free if you want them.

PM me if you do.

Ask on FB
It’s canik Fanatik u want to look up

This is the .230 Ameriglo sight for the S&W M&P Core
I researched on Canik Fanatik months ago and these were the options
All from Prepper Gun shop when I was looking.
Ameriglo=SW-800-210 (Front w/Green Dot)
GL-430R (rear w/Green Tritium Dots)
GL-431R (rear w/Yellow Tritium Dots)

Attachments

• IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. This is going to be my regular carry gun, I need to be able to see the sights in all lighting conditions

I've been dealing with the same thing! (although with the non-elite)

My stock sights hit 2.5" high at 35'.

The TP9 uses a Glock 42/43 rear sight, and a S&W M&P front sight.

I got a .180" G42/43 rear sight and .170" S&W M&P front sight from Dawson Precsion, which shoots 1.5" low.

I did the math, so I can't blame them entirely, except that the .170" front sight actually sits .182" high, which explains the hitting low.
I don't know if it's a defective dovetail, or if the M&P and TP9 are cut differently.

Assuming they all sit the same, I'm going to try a .160" or .155" so I'll get about 3/4" high impact (so I can see the target and sights at the same time)

The OEM sight height delta is 0.050", the front being shorter.
You want the front to be about 0.010", maybe 0.015"

Dawson part numbers:

Glock fiber-optic rear .180" for G42/43: 018-083 (.125" wide, measures at .120")
S&W M&P fiber-optic front .170": 021-040 (.125" wide)

Back
Top Bottom