• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canik TP9SA

Amazing gun I absolutely love mine shoots accurate haven't put it through its paces yet really but feels amazing shoots amazing trigger is awesome. If your in a free state hands down the best sub 400 gun

Amazing gun I absolutely love mine shoots accurate haven't put it through its paces yet really but feels amazing shoots amazing trigger is awesome. If your in a free state hands down the best sub 400 gun
It felt good in my hands and seemed robust. I haven't heard much talk on here about them though, so was wondering.

I feel like most guys on here are in mass that's why and it's not on the "list" but I mean the one I got snuck in I think was 379 with a cerakoted had iwb OWB Fobus holster a cleaning kit and if I could get them 18 rounders which is pretty good capacity. I did an 18 round mag dump got it down in like 2 seconds all 18 within the Rings at 10 yards and I'm by no stretch a uspa shooter. Recoil is not felt. I have many many handguns and I'm making the switch to solely hk except this gun I like it that much. I would say jump asap because these sell for like 1400 in Turkey where they are made I think the price is low because they want to get into the handgun market here. They will definitely be up at least around 550 within a year

It has the same "Press here to make the gun worthless" button on it as the P99QA does. Had they copied the P99AS, instead, it wouldn't have this problem, at least the gun would still fire with a longer and heavier pull.

Nice gun, but I don't like the idea of having a button like that on it, however slim the odds are that it would never be pressed on accident.

-Mike

As a range toy however it's perfect cheap well made shoots awesome comes with an OWB holster. I don't recommend it as your only home defense gun for the reason above. Pretty easy scenario to see wrestling with a bad guy and the off switch getting pushed. But if you have others not going to beat it for a range toy for sure

If you can get one in MA make it two! Really though my uncle out of state has one and I did prefer the trigger and feel of it over my m&p, and their cheap to boot.

Op is from Maine lol but yeah I reply to all adds that look like spam on armslist I'm 1-100 but my one was my cantik so worth it lol

Well, I finally pulled the trigger (pun intended) and bought one in Desert Tan because it makes me feel more tactical. $380 out the door.

It has the same "Press here to make the gun worthless" button on it as the P99QA does. Had they copied the P99AS, instead, it wouldn't have this problem, at least the gun would still fire with a longer and heavier pull.

Nice gun, but I don't like the idea of having a button like that on it, however slim the odds are that it would never be pressed on accident.

-Mike

I actually bought the TP9SF, which is without the decocker button. I didn't know they offered it, but once I was shown this, it pushed me over the edge to the "must buy" column.

I feel like most guys on here are in mass that's why and it's not on the "list" but I mean the one I got snuck in I think was 379 with a cerakoted had iwb OWB Fobus holster a cleaning kit and if I could get them 18 rounders which is pretty good capacity. I did an 18 round mag dump got it down in like 2 seconds all 18 within the Rings at 10 yards and I'm by no stretch a uspa shooter. Recoil is not felt. I have many many handguns and I'm making the switch to solely hk except this gun I like it that much. I would say jump asap because these sell for like 1400 in Turkey where they are made I think the price is low because they want to get into the handgun market here. They will definitely be up at least around 550 within a year

"within the rings"?

dunno man, a Q target is 25x35" so... yeah. 18 rounds on a 25x35" rectangle.

68Orvpu.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
As a range toy however it's perfect cheap well made shoots awesome comes with an OWB holster. I don't recommend it as your only home defense gun for the reason above. Pretty easy scenario to see wrestling with a bad guy and the off switch getting pushed. But if you have others not going to beat it for a range toy for sure

I don't really understand this thought process. Why have pistol that is basically relegated to use as a range toy, unless it is a comp gun or something like that? Maybe I am alone out in left field on this one, but I would rather have one pistol that I shoot ALL the time and be able to use it for everything.

I don't really understand this method of thinking. Why have pistol that is basically relegated to use as a range toy? Maybe I am alone out in left field on this one, but I would rather have one pistol that I shoot ALL the time and be able to use it for everything.

Bro, do you even tacticool?

I don't really understand this thought process. Why have pistol that is basically relegated to use as a range toy, unless it is a comp gun or something like that? Maybe I am alone out in left field on this one, but I would rather have one pistol that I shoot ALL the time and be able to use it for everything.

Well, I guess I have rifles that are range toys... They serve no purpose other than my enjoyment. I also have .22 pistols that are range toys, and had a few expensive competition type pistols that had nothing practical about them. But, I understand your point. A 9mm plastic pistol does doing for me in terms of range toy status. All of my plastic gets carried, or it goes away

So are these showing up in Mass stores yet?

yep, I picked one up tonight, the SF model without the decocker. They also had the SA model. Haven't shot it yet but feels great, trigger is very good and it has very solid feel.

-Mike

If pressed you just need to rack the slide a little, like a press check, to recock the trigger, right?

If pressed you just need to rack the slide a little, like a press check, to recock the trigger, right?

Yeah, but it's still retarded. The problem with those buttons is you won't be actively checking the gun all the time to make sure it didn't get depressed. If you need to use the gun NOW last thing you want to be doing is messing with the gun.

Apparently the company recognized how stupid this is and offers a version of the gun without it.

-Mike

Yeah, but it's still retarded. The problem with those buttons is you won't be actively checking the gun all the time to make sure it didn't get depressed. If you need to use the gun NOW last thing you want to be doing is messing with the gun.

Apparently the company recognized how stupid this is and offers a version of the gun without it.

-Mike

I I can guess which version will get MA approval, lol.

The V2 retains the decocker but is DA/SA, they are hard to find currently. Perfect for folks who anticipate grappling with someone who is trying to push the button on the top, or somehow ends up putting 10lbs of force on the area of the rear sight. Had the gen 1 for a bit and never found an actual way to accidently depress the takedown button (decocker). That said I have never fought over a firearm, or had any impulse control issues about pressing buttons just because they were there.

Back
Top Bottom