• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Candidate looking for input on 2A

I'm honestly surprised that this needs to be a pow wow. Seems a little fishy to me. Call me a cynic.

I'm honestly surprised that this needs to be a pow wow. Seems a little fishy to me. Call me a cynic.

I could see this being more productive that one of these "town hall" type things that tend to get off track.
Keeping it factual and to the point.
This is what Ma. law is now, this is what the proposed laws will do, ect.
Most of them have no idea what it takes from start to finish to even get a permit, never mind how foolish the regs are for buying one.
If the guy actually wants to take the time to listen. good , educate him.

I have set down non gun owners and explained our wonderful Ma. rules and regs, and lost track of how many "WTF, that's stupid" I've heard.

I showed a non the difference in a Ma. legal AR and non Ma. legal one.
Explained that according to people like Di Fi if you move this stock in 3" you can now fit this rifle in your pocket. the look I got was [hmmm]

Last edited:
Well, I just met with Mr Wyatt tonight. He stopped by the house, introduced himself, and was somewhat surprised I knew who he was and what he was running on.seemed like a genuine person wanting to effect some change.

He had some interesting stats on hank the spank, and overall, I like him. Will probably throw some cash his way.

We're going to Polito's breakfast Wed AM, and plan to buy him a spot, if he's willing. Hopefully, we can introduce him to some of my wife's republican clients, and encourage them to back him.

How does this Thursday look for people? 7:00 PM in Worcester? Maybe we could do an "NES Meeting" first, so we can do this right. I suggest either "Canal Grill" or "Perfect Game", as both are walking distance.

How does this Thursday look for people? 7:00 PM in Worcester? Maybe we could do an "NES Meeting" first, so we can do this right. I suggest either "Canal Grill" or "Perfect Game", as both are walking distance.

I have a dentist appointment at 7:30 in clinton that I have already rescheduled twice [crying] sounds like plenty of others were willing though

he generally seems to support the constitution and personal freedom/responsibility, I think he supports 2a but isn't as educated about it as he would like to be

I had a few emails with him and a letter from him and he was strongly opposed to the proposed legislation. He is a member of a few gun owner organizations but not NRA

Had Breakfast with Brad today at Polito's fundraiser. He and Karyn are on the same page, from what I observed. Brad is doing his homework, and has a fairly keen memory and good grasp of the issues. He's still interested in getting up to speed on 2A and some of the stuff that passes for guns laws here.

You should get your meet settled, and get him up to speed.

Obviously, a candidate can't run on a single issue, but many voters can vote on one. Let's give him the ammo he needs for that issue, and get behind him in funding his campaign.

in his thank you letter I received yesterday he told me he is getting a good response on the campaign trail when discussing the 2a issues, I am trying to donate a little every paycheck

do we know what the actual probability of him winning is? seems like the district has a decent mix of ideals and his policies would appeal to many

He started running when Naughton was going for AG. Naughton ran unopposed last time, so at least hes providing a challenge.

He started running when Naughton was going for AG. Naughton ran unopposed last time, so at least hes providing a challenge.

and from most of what you find right away searching for Naughton, he still has stuff setup to promote his run for AG, so hopefully he is behind on the campaigning

Brad says his polling shows him nearly even with Naughton right now. He invited me back to his office in Worcester to show me his polling numbers, but I had to get on to work that morning as I had a few calls scheduled.

Given the disappointingly low percentage of the population that votes, (not counting the dead democrats and illegals) I'd say there is a fair chance there will be some changes in central MA, at least. All we need to do is rally everyone to get out and vote. Brad is planning on enrolling folks to help him get voters to the polls with rides/carpools, etc.

I can't vote from him as I am just a 1/4 mile outside of his district, but live close enough that I will help anyway I can

also, dentist appoint rescheduled, I can do Thursday if it was still a possibility

Given the disappointingly low percentage of the population that votes, (not counting the dead democrats and illegals) I'd say there is a fair chance there will be some changes in central MA, at least. All we need to do is rally everyone to get out and vote. Brad is planning on enrolling folks to help him get voters to the polls with rides/carpools, etc.

In 2010 -
12th worcester had a population of 40k
10k people voted for naughton
6k voted for his challenger (Gettens).

Im not sure if that 40k is "voting age" or total.

I can do Thursday (if this is still an option). My vote is for Canal.

Last edited:
Next Wednesday (a week from today), in Worcester, at the Liberty Clubhouse. Someone decide a good time. I think we NES folks should get together first for some chow and a drink at Canal. 5:30 sound good? Then proceed over to meet at 6:30 or 7:00? We have a week to come up with a plan and a time.

I start my vacation that night but I can make some time before I head out

count me in for the meet with Brad, not sure if I can make it for the NES pre-meet though

No can do the pre-meet food. Cash is tight.

I can certainly show up and run through licensing process, concerns, confusion, and other factors that contribute to people either unknowingly or willfully not following the law. No daycare that week, so I might have a little one in tow, depending on when mom gets out of work for the day.

I ran out of time to put this together before I went on vacation.

Now that I'm back, let's see if we can get this back on track. We need to get Brad in. Also Susannah Lee, and a few others. Get enough in, and not only can we stem the tide, but we can turn the tide back our way.

I ran out of time to put this together before I went on vacation.

Now that I'm back, let's see if we can get this back on track. We need to get Brad in. Also Susannah Lee, and a few others. Get enough in, and not only can we stem the tide, but we can turn the tide back our way.
Susannah Lee and Mike Valanzola are both solid 2A supporters. I'm the volunteer coordinator for Susie. Simple premise, If we reach enough voters, connect with them, and ask them to come out and vote for us, we win.
If you have a couple of hours to spare, it can make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom