Candidate looking for input on 2A

Who here would like to meet up with a "Liberty Minded" candidate for state rep, who is seeking information about guns and gun rights?

What if that candidate is running against one of the main proponents of the latest gun control bill before us (H.4121)?

This particular individual would like to meet and hear ideas about gun laws and reforms to gun laws. UNLIKE the traveling circus we saw around the state last year, this person will truly listen, and seems to be solidly on our side. I do not know how knowledgeable he is or is not about 2A and surrounding laws and issues, but he is definitely on our side and interested in honing his knowledge.

We may very well have this opportunity soon. It would most likely be in Worcester.

More info to come, but chime in here if you are interested. Not quite 100% sure of the "format", but to be fair, we should probably come up with some sort of outline or plan first. Perhaps the candidate will have his own ideas on what he is looking for as well, but now is a moment of opportunity.

I was thinking we might get 10-15 people interested who could show up some weeknight just after the evening commute (say, 5:30 ish). If not that, maybe more like 6:30, so we could get home, have dinner, then head out for a bit.

If it is more like 7pm, I could possibly be in and can bring an articulate 16 year old that loves this country AND his rights, which might drive home the idea that we are NOT just a bunch of cranky old white dudes that will die out in a couple decades. There is another generation of future VOTERS to consider.

I don't think he so much needs convincing to come to our side, as he needs to be brought up to speed with how ridiculous things currently are in MA, and what we perceive as a path to correcting this, as well as how H.4121 is NOT the way to get there. We want to express sincere thoughts, ideas, needs, etc.

Not from the area but would go.

6:30-7:00 start time would allow for travel time from work.

Thanks for the heads-up Coyote. I'd be in to meet. Hell, I might be convinced to run someday.

Squire

100% in, I will make any day work, after 6 is best but again, will make it work regardless

it would be a good idea to first give him a run down of what it takes in different towns (maybe some examples from his own district) to apply for and be granted an LTC... explain the arbitrary way they can be restricted etc... familiarize him with the pending legislation as well as GOAL's own proposed legislation with the proposals that may actually do something against criminals... maybe highlight the pepper spray thing as an example of the trouble we go through to fix laws that even everyone can agree are ridiculous.

giving the run down of some of what MA gun owners already gave up would be a good idea, probably start with that, or after the run down of how to get (or not get) an LTC, cover magazine issues pre ban mags, AG list, cops can have glocks but serfs can't, AWB, killy features being banned for no real reason... etc etc

I would be up for it and could possibly provide a donation.
I woudl like a little more information.
ggboy
Maybe I could catch a ride with someone, depending on when my car gets out of the shop
ggboy

I don't think he so much needs convincing to come to our side, as he needs to be brought up to speed with how ridiculous things currently are in MA, and what we perceive as a path to correcting this, as well as how H.4121 is NOT the way to get there. We want to express sincere thoughts, ideas, needs, etc.

tell him to call Jim Wallace

tell him to call Jim Wallace

That candidate met with Jim for over an hour last week, he also left campaign info in the lobby (of the gun lobby) lol

Yeah, I think we want him to hear from "the people" side of things. Like I said, he is already on our side, we just need to pump him with talking points on our side, so he can speak more intelligently when he visits clubs or is on the campaign trail.

Is there a reason we are not using the candidate's name in this thread? [rofl]

Brad Wyatt from Boylston. The only thing is, he offered, now we need to let him know. ;-)

Quick show of hands Wed/Thur/Fri? 5:00/5:30/6:00/6:30/7:00/7:30?

My thought is Thursday at either 5:30 or 7:00, so people can either go right after work, or go home, eat and then come back out.

thursday, 7 100% in as long as it isn't two weeks (july 3rd)

just donated to his campaign again as well

I'll take him to the range for a day, if he wants to come out this way.
Still a certified instructor.
I'll supply guns and ammo.
No press /dog and pony show just a day of education and some fun.

I'll take him to the range for a day, if he wants to come out this way.
Still a certified instructor.
I'll supply guns and ammo.
No press /dog and pony show just a day of education and some fun.

Good man. I will make the same offer for Southboro if he wants to be more local.

Also, IN, but cannot bring my liberty minded daughter on thursdays, that's her riding day

Without a specific location, date and time, it is difficult to commit. I live in Boylston, and am certainly motivated to displace Hank the Spank at all costs.

I am fairly flexible most evenings, with enough notice.

Not my district, but I could probably make Thursday any time since I don't work Thursdays :) only potential issue is daughters gymnastics and ex-wife's drama if I were to bring my daughter instead of take her to gymnastics. If it's the week of the 4th it's easy cuz they'll be on vaca, in which case I'll bring Lady Radtekk, who is articulate and armed:)

Second Amendment Defense Alliance folks trying to contact you through PM -

Coyote33 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Back
Top Bottom