Cancelling service with Comcast/Xfinity!

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So, I have lived in Albuquerque for a year now.....and Comcast sends me an email telling me the package I have had for the last year was a "special" and now my rate is going from $43.00 a month to $86.00!

Funny how they don't talk about the fact that the real prices I have to pay are $71.00, or $104.00 because of the fees and taxes!

So I signed up with another Internet provider for just internet, because I can hook an antenna on my TV and get the same TV channels they were giving me anyway.

I tried to call Comcast and cancel my account, but they told me I had to visit the local Xfinity office to turn in my equipment if I wanted to cancel my account.

I go to the local Xfinity store this morning to turn in my equipment and cancel the service.

Now Albuquerque is a big city but there is only one place to go...and it is a Zoo! You first have to get in line to even get in the damn store...…..

First you have to go to the front desk....."How can I help you sir?"

"I want to turn in this equipment and cancel my service."

She then tells me to have a seat, and someone will be right with me.

And I sit there, and watch other people come in....

Girl at the reception desk: "Can I help you?"

Customer: "Yes, we want to sign up for Comcast service."

Girl at the reception desk: "Let me get you a sales representative!"

And then the gal sends them to another counter.

After the fifth time, I decide to get back in line.....

"Can I help you sir?"

"Yes, I want to turn in my equipment and cancel my service."

"Sir, if you can please take a seat, someone will be right with you."

"I have been sitting here! But you obviously seem to care more about new customers than me, and I have watched you take care of five customers who came in after me, so cut the bullshit and let me speak to somebody now!"

And the little snowflake bitch went off on me...."You can't talk to me like that! I am going to have to ask you to leave the store sir!" And she said it out loud, so everyone in the store was looking at me like I was crazy!

So I left.

And I went home and decided to take a different approach. I called the Comcast number and played their game......and I lied![rofl]

"Yes, I need to cancel my Comcast account."

Yes sir, and what is the reason for cancelling your account. Are you moving?"

Me: "I am a disabled Veteran, and I have Leukemia. I have to move to a Hospice at the end of this week and I can't afford to pay for my Comcast account any more. And I also need to return the equipment, so if you can give me an address, I will box it up and send it to you, because I have no transportation and I can't take it to the local Xfinity store."

(The Leukemia part isn't really a lie, but the hospice part was.")[wink]

"I am so sorry to hear about your health Sir, I will cancel your account today. And I see you have already paid until the 1st of October, so I will expedite a refund. If you hold on, I will connect you with our 'Accessability department,' and they can arrange for someone to come pick up your equipment for you."

Within an hour, an Xfinity guy came to my door and picked up my equipment, and now I am done with those a**h***s!

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
LOL Comcast......

The secret to canceling your Comcast service

Comcast does not want to let you go. The only easy way to cancel Comcast service is to move somewhere Comcast doesn’t provide service.

Before you call Comcast to make sure you know what you are going to say. Don’t volunteer information and be prepared to say “I don’t know” when you don’t want to share information.

Keep your story simple and don’t offer more details than are needed. “I’m moving to a new city, and the place I’m staying already has internet” should suffice. Or “I’m moving in with my partner, and they already have service.” Comcast doesn’t need to know any more than that.

When the rep asks, “Where are you moving,” you can say, “In with some friends/family/my partner. They already have service. I need to cancel.” Don’t offer any more information than that.

========================================================

Or pull a "Skysoldier"

dustoff22

NES Member
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
No two ways about it........Comcasts sucks. Sadly, for me on the Cape it's the only show in town. Verizon's 'best' service isn't available either and from what I read and hear they're nothing more than whores of another color.

snax

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Went to cancel fios, I told them I was watching to Comcast forb $39/month. They lowered my rate to $39.
Went to cancel my father's obscene directv ($120) they dropped it to $50.
My deal ends next year. I'll try that again and see wha t happens

Reactions: KVX

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
and you can thank Ed Markey for the legislation that took local oversight away, including the ability of cities and towns to regulate pricing ( but not state and federal taxes)

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
and you can thank Ed Markey for the legislation that took local oversight away, including the ability of cities and towns to regulate pricing ( but not state and federal taxes)
To be fair, do they have say on electric, NG or telephone costs?? Or are those also level across states and/or regions??? Seems that all utilities should be treated fairly.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I have lived in Albuquerque for a year now.....and Comcast sends me an email telling me the package I have had for the last year was a "special" and now my rate is going from $43.00 a month to $86.00!

Funny how they don't talk about the fact that the real prices I have to pay are $71.00, or $104.00 because of the fees and taxes!

So I signed up with another Internet provider for just internet, because I can hook an antenna on my TV and get the same TV channels they were giving me anyway.

I tried to call Comcast and cancel my account, but they told me I had to visit the local Xfinity office to turn in my equipment if I wanted to cancel my account.

I go to the local Xfinity store this morning to turn in my equipment and cancel the service.

Now Albuquerque is a big city but there is only one place to go...and it is a Zoo! You first have to get in line to even get in the damn store...…..

First you have to go to the front desk....."How can I help you sir?"

"I want to turn in this equipment and cancel my service."

She then tells me to have a seat, and someone will be right with me.

And I sit there, and watch other people come in....

Girl at the reception desk: "Can I help you?"

Customer: "Yes, we want to sign up for Comcast service."

Girl at the reception desk: "Let me get you a sales representative!"

And then the gal sends them to another counter.

After the fifth time, I decide to get back in line.....

"Can I help you sir?"

"Yes, I want to turn in my equipment and cancel my service."

"Sir, if you can please take a seat, someone will be right with you."

"I have been sitting here! But you obviously seem to care more about new customers than me, and I have watched you take care of five customers who came in after me, so cut the bullshit and let me speak to somebody now!"

And the little snowflake bitch went off on me...."You can't talk to me like that! I am going to have to ask you to leave the store sir!" And she said it out loud, so everyone in the store was looking at me like I was crazy!

So I left.

And I went home and decided to take a different approach. I called the Comcast number and played their game......and I lied![rofl]

"Yes, I need to cancel my Comcast account."

Yes sir, and what is the reason for cancelling your account. Are you moving?"

Me: "I am a disabled Veteran, and I have Leukemia. I have to move to a Hospice at the end of this week and I can't afford to pay for my Comcast account any more. And I also need to return the equipment, so if you can give me an address, I will box it up and send it to you, because I have no transportation and I can't take it to the local Xfinity store."

(The Leukemia part isn't really a lie, but the hospice part was.")[wink]

"I am so sorry to hear about your health Sir, I will cancel your account today. And I see you have already paid until the 1st of October, so I will expedite a refund. If you hold on, I will connect you with our 'Accessability department,' and they can arrange for someone to come pick up your equipment for you."

Within an hour, an Xfinity guy came to my door and picked up my equipment, and now I am done with those a**h***s!
That is awesome. I'll have to use that in the future!

Added to the book! :)

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You could always go with " The FBI paid me a visit yesterday and boxed all my stuff up and took it away"

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
$100 bucks? I wish I was only paying $100. Bundled service, DVR, HD, Premium channels, Gig Speed Internet and a plethora of other crap has my bill acting like a car payment. Yes, I know. My own fault......

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
At least you have more than one provider. I'm stuck with TDS and no alternative, and I'm paying $60/month for 1.3 mbps DSL. It takes about three minutes just for the Funny Pictures Megathread page to load.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
At least you have more than one provider. I'm stuck with TDS and no alternative, and I'm paying $60/month for 1.3 mbps DSL. It takes about three minutes just for the Funny Pictures Megathread page to load.
You are paying for Trump
Derangement
Syndrome?

M60

NES Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
The cheapest Verizon I can get is $150.00 a month all in. I'd go to comcast but their customer service is terrible. We need more choices. Maybe Colt now that they are not servicing the civilian market with AR's.

Top Bottom