• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 67409

5 stage Practical shotgun match with approximately 20 targets per stage

Home | PractiScore

UPDATE 4/19/20: MATCH IS CANCELLED BECAUSE WALLUM LAKE RGC IS CLOSED. LINK TO PRACTISCORE NOT WORKING. MATCH IS NOT ON PRACTISCORE OR CLUB WEBSITE.

To all Members and Guests of Wallum Lake Rod and Gun Club.

Effective today (Monday, March 23rd) at 5:00 PM, the Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club will be closing down for all activities.

We have always taken the safety of our members and guest seriously and continue to do so with the Covid-19 Pandemic.

At this time we do not have a date where we will reopen, but rest assured as soon as we can, we will be back.
We thank you for you continued support and cooperation during this time. Thanks and we will see everyone soon.
Sincerely ,
Chris Carpentier
President - Wallum Lake Rod and Gun Club
200 Brook Rd, Harrisville, RI 02830
https://wallumlakerodgun.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to this...

Never done one before and know nothing about this....what rules do you follow? Anything I should know about it?

Rules for practical shotgun are basically watered down USPSA with a few divisions. Shotgun only, no handgun or rifle. You'll want a shell caddy if you're using a tube-fed shotgun or 10+++ round mags if you're using a detachable mag shotgun. Typically, you'll also want a sling. No. 7.5 shot or smaller (8, 8.5, 9).

Rules for practical shotgun are basically watered down USPSA with a few divisions. Shotgun only, no handgun or rifle. You'll want a shell caddy if you're using a tube-fed shotgun or 10+++ round mags if you're using a detachable mag shotgun. Typically, you'll also want a sling. No. 7.5 shot or smaller (8, 8.5, 9).
Is this match still happening?
Why would u want a sling ?

Is this match still happening?
Why would u want a sling ?

The match is no longer on Practiscore and Wallum Lake RGC is closed until further notice. The club's calendar for 5/31 also does not reflect any practical shotgun match occurring. Safe assumption is that no, this match is not occurring.

Slings are part of practical shotgun matches. Not using a sling on stages that involve a sling results in receiving a penalty.

The match is no longer on Practiscore and Wallum Lake RGC is closed until further notice. The club's calendar for 5/31 also does not reflect any practical shotgun match occurring. Safe assumption is that no, this match is not occurring.

Slings are part of practical shotgun matches. Not using a sling on stages that involve a sling results in receiving a penalty.
In 20 plus years of shooting practical shotgun matches all over the country I’ve never been required to use a sling.

In 20 plus years of shooting practical shotgun matches all over the country I’ve never been required to use a sling.

I'm... sorry? Listen, if you don't like it, don't shoot the match. I'm not a member of Wallum and I'm not a match director. I'm not here to field complaints.

I'm... sorry? Listen, if you don't like it, don't shoot the match. I'm not a member of Wallum and I'm not a match director. I'm not here to field complaints.
I don’t recall mention of sling in the registration info. They’ve required slings wallum prior?

I don’t recall mention of sling in the registration info. They’ve required slings wallum prior?

@CrossFaced asked for general tips on what he needed for practical shotgun matches, so I mentioned the sling (back in March, when the match was still on, which it isn't anymore) because other practical shotgun matches at other RI clubs have involved slings last year, specifically Bradford Sportsmens' in Charlestown.

Tim Burdick, the match director of Wallum, shoots Bradford's matches and all the match directors in RI talk to each other about ideas on how to improve their matches. So, assuming Wallum's match would have happened, I suggested being ready to use a sling because CrossFaced was new to the idea and Wallum could have required the use of one. I didn't know in March what the match was going to look like.

I really don't know why this is such a foreign idea to people and why its causing such a problem. The sling is for putting the shotgun in a safe condition for when you need to do something physical, like carry a barbell or a heavy object like what happened at Bradford's shotgun matches last year. Putting shotgun sling mounts on is a quick and easy thing to do. If you don't need a sling, take it or the mounts off.

Now, all this is moot because the match is cancelled. If you have any questions, please contact the match directors.

@CrossFaced asked for general tips on what he needed for practical shotgun matches, so I mentioned the sling (back in March, when the match was still on, which it isn't anymore) because other practical shotgun matches at other RI clubs have involved slings last year, specifically Bradford Sportsmens' in Charlestown.

Tim Burdick, the match director of Wallum, shoots Bradford's matches and all the match directors in RI talk to each other about ideas on how to improve their matches. So, assuming Wallum's match would have happened, I suggested being ready to use a sling because CrossFaced was new to the idea and Wallum could have required the use of one. I didn't know in March what the match was going to look like.

I really don't know why this is such a foreign idea to people and why its causing such a problem. The sling is for putting the shotgun in a safe condition for when you need to do something physical, like carry a barbell or a heavy object like what happened at Bradford's shotgun matches last year. Putting shotgun sling mounts on is a quick and easy thing to do. If you don't need a sling, take it or the mounts off.

Now, all this is moot because the match is cancelled. If you have any questions, please contact the match directors.
It’s a foreign idea because slings are rarely required in matches. and if so it’s made clear in match info. . Without the MD making clear the use of slings is required you’ll have most shooters showing up without one. I didn’t see it in Wallums info and you said they are required Is why I asked. Apparently your comment was not directed at Wallum but shotgun matches in general.

It’s a foreign idea because slings are rarely required in matches. and if so it’s made clear in match info. . Without the MD making clear the use of slings is required you’ll have most shooters showing up without one. I didn’t see it in Wallums info and you said they are required Is why I asked. Apparently your comment was not directed at Wallum but shotgun matches in general.

Correct, because at the time, a newb was asking for advice about starting up. I suggested the idea because he would need sling mounts and might have to order them, which takes time. Again, what the match looked like in March was unclear - it literally just said what I have in the quoted text box in the first post.

The match is cancelled and I asked the mods to lock or delete this thread to prevent people from having the illusion that the match is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom