NES Member
Personal Security Institute, LLC
Professional Defensive Firearms Instruction,
Research and Information for Personal Security & Self Defense

Defensive Shotgun Course

2.5 Days of intense instruction in the use of pump action shotguns

At the Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club
October 14-16, 2005

This 20+ hour course will feature a Friday evening seminar and live fire exercises Saturday and Sunday.

Course tuition $250-$350 depending on your pro-RKBA affiliations. This course is for WP&R members. Pre-registration is required. Please contact Jon Green at [email protected] or 978-365-2466 for more information.

Schedule of Events for the PSI Defensive Shotgun Course at the WP&R club October 14-16, 2005.

Friday October 14 – 5:30pm to 9:00pm
Classroom session at GOAL, 37 Pierce Street, Northboro, MA 01532

Saturday October 15 – 8:30am to 6:00pm
Live fire at the WP&R Club

Saturday October 16 – 8:30am to 6:00pm
Live fire at the WP&R Club

Equipment List:

· Wrap around eye protection
· Hearing protection (electronic type if possible)
· 12ga or 20ga pump action shotgun
· 250 rnds #7 ½ or #8 shot, 50 rnds 00 buck shot & 25 slugs (reduced recoil loads are highly recommended)
· Semi automatic pistol in 9mm, 357sig, .40 or .45 calibers only
· Quality holster for strong side carry (must permit 1-handed reholstering. (call Jon Green with holster questions)
· 100 rounds of factory new pistol ammunition
· 3 magazines (minimum)
· Magazine pouch/carrier
· Cover garments
· Gun cleaning kit
· Knee and elbow pads (optional)
· Lunch, snacks and plenty of fluids ( water and sports drinks recommended)
· Tactical flashlight (Surefire™ or similar)

We will go over this list at Friday’s session. Contact Jon Green at 508-641-0116 if you need equipment or ammunition.

Edited by LenS-Mod to make Sticky until event occurs
Edited again by LenS-Mod to remove Sticky and NOTE: Event Cancelled!

I have taken several courses from PSI and have enjoyed every class. This is an opportunity for a weekend of world class training at a very affordable price.

Give Jon Green a call for additional information.

Space is limited, so if you want to take this course, sign up soon.

--Darius

Mod hat on:

No spamming the forums allowed. Since you duplicated this thread in GD, I removed the duplicate thread.

Training belongs in Training, not GD.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

No spam, not at all, just a damn good course that NES folks should know about.

It would be a real shame if people missed out on it because they did not see the message in the General Discussion Forum, and did not make a habit of visiting the Training Forum.

It would be a shame if they missed it in GD. However, if folks looking for training fail to look in the 'Training' forum then maybe they shouldn't be attending.

Boy, this is a tough crowd!

People who have shotguns, keep and use them for home defense, might not think that there is a course to learn how to better deploy the shotty.

This is why I put the note in both places.

Make sense?

Dunno if this is off topic, but it's a question that I've had.

What's the best home defence load to use in a shotgun?

From my own personal practice I found '00 STEEL buckshot from a 12 gugae to have the most devastating effect on the target, but with minimal penetration.

Of course this site brought up some doubts
http://www.theboxotruth.com/

But I shot an old PC (thin steel case) and the shot was not able to penetrate the second wall of the computer.

I know thin steel, and wood/sheetrock/plaster are VERY different.

Just somthing I'm curious about since you ARE responcible for every round that leaves your gun, no matter the circumstances.

-Weer'd Beard

Weer'd beard said:
Dunno if this is off topic, but it's a question that I've had.

What's the best home defence load to use in a shotgun?

From my own personal practice I found '00 STEEL buckshot from a 12 gugae to have the most devastating effect on the target, but with minimal penetration.

Of course this site brought up some doubts
http://www.theboxotruth.com/

But I shot an old PC (thin steel case) and the shot was not able to penetrate the second wall of the computer.

I know thin steel, and wood/sheetrock/plaster are VERY different.

Just somthing I'm curious about since you ARE responcible for every round that leaves your gun, no matter the circumstances.

-Weer'd Beard

The place I would start is with slugs.

As you pointed out, buckshot won't really disburse much in normal inside-the-house distances, so why not go with a solid chunk of lead?

Slugs are my first choice.

Because a slug will go through a house wall (or even the engine block of a car) like S*!+ Through A Goose, and over-penetration is a dangerous game to play in home defence.

I will bring this up in the Ammo site, so I don't hijack....Just getting to know the forum!

-Weer'd Beard

Frangible slugs? Who makes them? I've never seen such a beastie.

They sound like an ideal solution.

wpr2004 said:
A great man once said to me, " Son, bird shot is for birds, buck shot is for bucks and slugs are for humans".
Frangible slaugs that is!

Darius, $1.00 if you can name this wise clown.
[lol]
Jon

The inimitable Michael DeBethencourt!

Where's that drink at?

Sorry, guys and gals.

The lead instructor, coming from out of state, just couldn't get it together for this class.

We will organize another course, perhaps as soon as this spring. Please watch for my spam, err, message, to this forum for the future course announcement.

Darius

Back
Top Bottom