• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canadian Tire getting back into the firearm business in Nova Scotia

Transition House of Nova Scotia representive Pamela Harrison says having more guns available in the province will mean there’s a greater chance for people to be killed or hurt. She says when a Canadian retail icon sells firearms, it sends the wrong message. “What it is in some way saying [is], ‘Hey guys, come on, it’s OK to buy guns again,” said Harrison.
<http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/canadian-tire-getting-back-into-the-firearm-business-in-nova-scotia-1.2747746>

Canadian Tire getting back into the firearm business

I'll be up there soon and will check it out.

Truth is there's lots of firearms out in the rural areas. Very few actually get licenses or register guns. Lots of old rifles and shotguns that have been passed down.

A lot of the folks keep one just in case. Our neighbors up there have them. I've seen plenty, but they often get them "from a guy". One neighbor told me he didn't have any but knew three or four folks within a mile that would sell them one.

I think there's a lot of don't ask don't tell. RCMP know there's a need for protection of crops and livestock and don't really care in my experience.

The long gun registry ended up being an expensive mess. There were long backlogs of people who wanted to register them, lots of people who refused to register, and no proven benefit in terms of crime prevention. It also ended up costing hundreds of millions of dollars more than the original estimates. What a surprise.

Like the Australians, the Canadians deserve a much better government.

As happens in the US, the long-gun registry in Canada was an overreaction to a mass shooting, the one at École Polytechnique in Montréal.

Looks like they're stirring up shit already...

Savage Arms guns at Canadian Tire 'shocked' Clayton Park shoppers

A Nova Scotia woman wants Canadian Tire to get rid of a brand of firearms she says are offensive to Aboriginal Peoples.

Myah Rach-Sharp was at the Clayton Park Canadian Tire store last week when she saw Savage Arms guns for sale.

"When I looked closer I saw that there was a picture on top with an Aboriginal man in a headdress," she said. "It just shocked me that in today's day and age that that would be acceptable."

more... http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...-tire-shocked-clayton-park-shoppers-1.3186654

The long gun registry in Canada was hacked and criminals went shopping in people's homes. That's why it was scrapped - the government could not guarantee security of information.

It's good to see growth in the gun industry up there in the Great White North since they scrapped the long gun registry.

Tell me Pamela Harrison isn't yet another Granny Warren look-alike...

pamela-harrison.jpg

elizabeth_warren_frank.jpg

Back
Top Bottom