Canadian Lib Running on a Total HG Ban

Apparently idiocy doesn't know national boundaries.

I have a proposal that I think would work.

Have it so Candians who want firearms rights are allowed to move here without any redtape and hassle. On the flip side, anyone who doesn't want to live in a society where a citizen can own a gun can move up to Candada.

I mean, kill two birds with one stone, free our brethren to the north and export our idiots.

Skald:
and export our idiots.

Should work; we've been exporting the worst of our idiots to "Cana, Duh" for over 200 years now.

Wikipedia mentions that the first group of dissenters run out of the new states even have a hereditary title to "honor" these traitorous refugees: United Empire Loyalists.

"Modern-day descendants of those original refugees sometimes apply the term United Empire Loyalist to themselves, using "UE" as postnominal letters; the honorific is the only hereditary title of Canada"

Skald said:
Apparently idiocy doesn't know national boundaries.

I have a proposal that I think would work.

Have it so Candians who want firearms rights are allowed to move here without any redtape and hassle. On the flip side, anyone who doesn't want to live in a society where a citizen can own a gun can move up to Candada.

I mean, kill two birds with one stone, free our brethren to the north and export our idiots.

The reason this would never fly has nothing to do with the weather or other factors, but to the simple fact that it's based on freedom and personal choice. At heart the gun grabbers are no different from the prohibitionists of a hundres years ago. They know exactly what's best for everybody and consider it their moral duty to impose their vision on everyone. Their consciences won't allow them to stand idly by while others make what they consider to be bad choices.

Ken

KMaurer said:
The reason this would never fly has nothing to do with the weather or other factors, but to the simple fact that it's based on freedom and personal choice. At heart the gun grabbers are no different from the prohibitionists of a hundres years ago. They know exactly what's best for everybody and consider it their moral duty to impose their vision on everyone. Their consciences won't allow them to stand idly by while others make what they consider to be bad choices.

Ken

In a nutshell, hit the nail on the head, etc, etc, etc. Oh, yeah, and - ad hominem. [wink]

KMaurer:
They know exactly what's best for everybody and consider it their moral duty to impose their vision on everyone. Their consciences won't allow them to stand idly by while others make what they consider to be bad choices.

Is that why so many of my neighbors & co-workers broke their promise and didn't move to Cana-Duh when Bush won re-election?

At least one person sees the light..

The move to ban guns may not have the desired effect of cutting down crime -- criminals will still be armed, said Al Koenig, president of the Calgary Police Association, the union representing about 1,500 local police officers.

"Banning handguns simply doesn't work. You want minimum sentencing for possession of handguns or using them in the commission of an offense. That is a very simple solution to a very complex problem," said Koenig.

"Banning any kind of guns will not eliminate them. We've seen it in the past there's no reason to relive it."

I agree, we all think we know what's best for everyone else.

But based on facts from cities like DC, we do know that banning all guns does not solve the issue.

Back
Top Bottom