• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canada-U.S. border will remain closed until Sept. 21

Brian Higgins, a Democratic congressman for the New York district that includes Buffalo and the Niagara area, said he was disappointed but not surprised that the border closure was extended. "I have been working with Canadian officials at the federal level for several months toward the goal of getting a mutually agreed-to plan to open the border or, short of that, expanding the category of who is an essential traveller," said Higgins, who was among nearly two dozen members of Congress to sign a letter in July calling for a plan to reopen the border. Higgins said he doesn't think Washington wants to keep the border closed but doesn't have much choice.

looks like many of my Canadian neighbors in Florida won't be making the trip this year

Lots of houses in my gated community are up for 6 month rental all of a sudden, I think it is the Canadian contingent hoping to cover their carrying costs by renting.

My realtor buddy has already said he has a couple of listings from Canadians to sell their homes.

Well I guess that's off the table for a late summer trip. Too bad. USDCAD is like $1.33 right now. \

Hear they have been beefing with US truckers and essential workers crossing the border recently. "Yanks go home" sort of thing. Vandalizing anything with a US plate on it, even if essential. Are we going to have to build two walls? lol.

Back
Top Bottom