• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can you still get a ar or ak kit?

I feel privileged Len.
And I didnt claim to be an expert on MA laws. Thats why I have been asking for someone to point out the statute or directive that says they need to be put on an FA10. Since you run a seminar that shouldnt be too difficult I would think.

And I didnt claim to be an expert on MA laws. Thats why I have been asking for someone to point out the statute or directive that says they need to be put on an FA10. Since you run a seminar that shouldnt be too difficult I would think.

WRT "registration," this is the MGL which often gets bandied about during these types of discussions:

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section128B

"Section 128B. Any resident of the commonwealth who purchases or obtains a firearm, rifle or shotgun or machine gun from any source within or without the commonwealth, other than from a licensee under section one hundred and twenty-two or a person authorized to sell firearms under section one hundred and twenty-eight A, and any nonresident of the commonwealth who purchases or obtains a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun from any source within or without the commonwealth, other than such a licensee or person, and receives such firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun, within the commonwealth shall within seven days after receiving such firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun, report, in writing, to the commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services the name and address of the seller or donor and the buyer or donee, together with a complete description of the firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun, including the caliber, make and serial number. Whoever violates any provision of this section shall for the first offense be punished by a fine of not less than $500 nor more than $1,000 and for any subsequent offense by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than ten years."

Last edited:
I feel privileged Len.

You started off with your claims, but didn't back them up, and now you want people rebutting you to pony up the proof first??? lol get bent.

People have talked to the MIRCS/CJIS at the Willmington Gun Show and they have said that "pre 94" rifles are treated just like illegal firearms, and that they are watching FA-10s for these transfers.

Len may be handing out shit advice here, despite the good intention.

fact of the matter is: we don't know our laws anymore because Healey took things into her own hands to throw shade on them.

People have talked to the MIRCS/CJIS at the Willmington Gun Show and they have said that "pre 94" rifles are treated just like illegal firearms, and that they are watching FA-10s for these transfers.

fact of the matter is: we don't know our laws anymore because Healey took things into her own hands to throw shade on them.

Let them watch!

See post #12 here:

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...ts-privately?p=5294463&viewfull=1#post5294463

I doubt that CJIS bothers to vet S/Ns of guns to prove if they were pre-9/14/1994 or not. And since the law that the AG has re-interpreted wasn't even passed in MA until 1998, any gov't official telling you that pre-94 rifles are illegal (made and sold prior to the MA law) is full of shit.

Again, CJIS is "Criminal Justice Information Systems" . . . not a "law enforcement" group, they have no powers of arrest, none are police academy trained and they don't prosecute anyone. And MIRCS is a computer database system not a department in state gov't. CJIS can and has given unfettered access to the AG's office and if Healey to convince some DA who has no further political aspirations to be her fall guy, just maybe someone will be prosecuted. But that is the only way it will happen.

Let them watch!

See post #12 here:

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...ts-privately?p=5294463&viewfull=1#post5294463

I doubt that CJIS bothers to vet S/Ns of guns to prove if they were pre-9/14/1994 or not. And since the law that the AG has re-interpreted wasn't even passed in MA until 1998, any gov't official telling you that pre-94 rifles are illegal (made and sold prior to the MA law) is full of shit.

Again, CJIS is "Criminal Justice Information Systems" . . . not a "law enforcement" group, they have no powers of arrest, none are police academy trained and they don't prosecute anyone. And MIRCS is a computer database system not a department in state gov't. CJIS can and has given unfettered access to the AG's office and if Healey to convince some DA who has no further political aspirations to be her fall guy, just maybe someone will be prosecuted. But that is the only way it will happen.

This is interesting. Thank you for this perspective and information.

I'll put my money on Len every time!!

You other guys with less than 30 posts? Do as you may and we'll watch from here.

Post count isn't a good measuring stick.

This is interesting. Thank you for this perspective and information.

Post count isn't a good measuring stick.

For more info from the AGO directly from the "Records Request" by David Reinhart, check out the Sticky in my sub-forum where I posted exact links to what I had stated above. Any DA would have a hard time prosecuting someone where their lawyer could introduce the 76 pg document on AGO letterhead saying something entirely contrary to the accusation of a "crime"! DAs just "won't go there" as it would destroy their credibility in front of the judge/court. I just updated that info in the hopes of minimizing these debates.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/314031-AG-s-New-AWB-7-20-2016

Agreed . . . there are numerous forums where my post count is in single digits, since I rarely go there. But if I answered a question there, my credibility shouldn't be zero due to lack of activity. Also there are people here on NES who respond to everything so have huge post counts, but know nothing about the laws!

Abridged version as I understand it.

Pre-94 ARs, AKs, etc. are and always have been fine to buy or sell person-to-person.

If an "assault weapon" (ugh) was 'registered' (ugh) with the state prior to 7/20/2016, it is OK to buy or sell person-to-person via eFA10.

If you have a stripped lower, it would have needed to be eFA10'd within seven days of 7/20/2016 (as a completed rifle) in order to be sell-able person-to-person. (I personally did this. I had a lower I'd bought in late June, and efa10'd it on 7/20. Still not done yet, but what're they gonna do arrest me for NOT building an assault weapon?)

No more 80% lower builds in MA, as it IS required to eFA10 them.

What'd I miss?

I spoke with Michaela FTF yesterday and she assured me that neither she or her Counsel said any such thing!

I've known and dealt with Michaela for a number of years now and her Counsel (Jody) as well, and can tell you that I have never had any reason to NOT believe what they told me. I know something of their backgrounds which also gives me confidence in what Michaela told me yesterday.

Read all the "etchings" of our illustrious AG and you will see where she made two things clear: .22LR is a non-issue and pre-ban (1994) so called AWs are also GTG.

Back
Top Bottom