• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can you open carry in Mass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure is. The CoP wanted to bust his nuts because the chief denied him. He took the chief to court. Denial was because of a weed bust when he was 16. It was cwof if he kept his nose clean for a year. He did so it was supposed to be buried. The chief was a rookie when it happened so he did what most asshat cops do, screw with you. He lost the court case Judge told him to issue so he did!

I wish my CLEO would bust my balls like that.

Stupid because he deliberately put that restriction in knowing that citizens and cops would bust his balls, and thereby waste and tie up police resources.

Last edited:
The letter 'explaining' Boston's restrictions is worded in a way that you can't even CCW including to and from activities. The restrictions as given by BPD are meant so can't carry period unless you are hunting or at target practice.

I am aware of how the restriction works for Boston, since they issued my ltc. That's why I'm interested in whether i could open carry on my license, say in my car, as someone mentioned in this thread is legal on a restricted license. Not that i would in Boston, since i can guess what would happen

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Why would you want to? You have a permit to conceal. i know it's summer but it's not worth the risk in my opinion. Just dress accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boston's LTC letter specifically states no concealed carry on a target and hunting restricted LTC. If you are dumb enough to OC in Boston you will be made an example of, defamed in the media, and served with stiffer charges than a career criminal. The moron that tried to carry into BU's graduation ceremony on a restricted LTC, and recently the dad in Arlington getting into a pissing contest with the principal, should be warning enough that anything viewed by the authorities as reason to revoke your license will be acted upon.

Just wear this

Snake-Black1.jpg

Then watch as the state of MA does actually tread all over yo' ass. Seriously, just don't bother.

i still dont understand the intrest in open carry recently. The only thing that I can figure out is trying to to the ass-less chaps gay pride parade concept... where the more people see it the more normal it is. the first few years GLTB was seen as horrible and people complained about it, eventualy it got to be the new normal... can this happen with firearms? with out the liberal media's assistance? The whole problem is the fact that most people only see/hear/think about guns as something that police and criminals have (thanks to TV and movies). Would more open carry change that or will it go the otherway and scare people into enough acction with the thought that 'to many people have guns mmkayyyy, we need to pass new laws to keep the scarry guns away from us, mmkaayyyyy'...

In most states, the open carry debate has legs because no government approval of any kind is needed. Take your gun, put it on your hip, walk outside.

In MA, unless you're one of the 1% of gun owners who have a Class B LTC, there will never be a time when you can legally carry openly but not concealed. So while I think the option should be that of the person carrying, the legal distinction is likely to be mooted since there's another viable option available.

Added for it's curio value, not legal advice:

I'm sure there are subsequent laws invalidating it, but it would make for a very entertaining legal defense.

On an unrelated note but with regards to an earlier comment, all chaps are ass-less by definition/design. Just wanted to clear that up.

So ive looked around and havent seen a yes or no about open carry in mass(a handgun)?

So lets say someone with a class a ltc with no restrictions, can that person open carry in mass?

Yes or No .

Yes. I have seen it done many times without issue.

10300272_775483819151447_3845870262989632665_n.jpg

yes some in TX are asshats... however they can't OC handguns there.... and this pic shows the wrong way and right way fairly well.

i open carry in my living room.
otherwise im too afraid to OC in public.
and when i tried OC in thr bathroom it just seemed awkward.

I swear it's some Marsha narcs trying to get some of us on RICO charges.

Hey, I was wondering, I don't have my LTC or FID, can I carry at the state house during the public hearings?

In most states, the open carry debate has legs because no government approval of any kind is needed. Take your gun, put it on your hip, walk outside.

In MA, unless you're one of the 1% of gun owners who have a Class B LTC, there will never be a time when you can legally carry openly but not concealed. So while I think the option should be that of the person carrying, the legal distinction is likely to be mooted since there's another viable option available.

Even if you are one of the 13% of LTC A holders with restrictions on concealed carry?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

So keep it concealed...

Funny story about that.

About 35 years ago, I was carrying concealed on the common on a sidewalk area along Tremont street. I was walking with a friend who was carrying a guitar case.

Suddenly a police dog began to make some noise and broke free from the cop who was walking on Tremont street. The dog was headed straight at me. I heard the cop yell to call off his dog but the dog just kept coming. The cop called off his dog again and finally about 6 or 8 feet from me the dog turned.

I have always believe that the dog had made me. He was definitely looking at me, not my friend. There would be no other reason for that dog to come after me.

Should I have shot the dog? If I had, would I be out of prison yet?

Feel free to open carry wherever and whenever you want.

Please be sure to keep us posted, video is preferred.

Just look the part, you can open carry most of the time just fine. Don't dress like a friggin' hoodlum. People WANT to assume you're a cop. They don't want to even think about the alternative, and the ones that don't assume you're a cop are generally carrying also and just want to see what you're packing. I've open carried plenty of times in various places, even while pushing my child in his stroller. But I'm dressing in either a button down shirt and tie, or polo and dress pants and I've rarely seen anyone even look twice. I don't do it all the time, of course, but I HAVE done it and do it frequently on my own property in full view of the road and neighbors. Honestly, nobody wants to think that a person with a gun on their hip ISN'T a cop, so just look the part.

Remember, you aren't breaking the law. So don't act like you are.

You don't have to be fit, either. When was the last time you saw a department where everybody was "fit"? Just don't wear a hoodie and man capris.

Legal in MA, frowned upon by NES, and most people assume will lead to suitability issues but I never really read anything to back that up

Safe open carry procedure for Massachusetts residents.

1. Drive into NH with gun unloaded (unless you have a NH CCW).
2. Exit vehicle.
3. Load gun.
4. Open carry anywhere except courthouses, no questions asked.
5. Stay as long as you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom