• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can you identify this magazine?

DarthRevan

NES Member
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Hey guys,
i was helping a family friend clear out their house while they were moving, and they found some of their dads old stuff. In the open boxes of .357 Mag and other unused boxes ammo was a single stack 9mm magazine. Can any of you identify it?[/FONT]
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Sig? Just a guess. I had a p210 many yrs ago. Looks similar.

Last edited:
P38?

- - - Updated - - -

n6OrmRY.jpg

Check the base plate and everywhere else for markings- some of these are worth some $$$ - looks like P38 to me. Google image search P38 mag and compare.......

Does the jvd have a meaning as to when it was made? So far I'm guessing not WW2, but none of the post war ones I'm finding pictures of have the machine stamping as the war ones.

Does the jvd have a meaning as to when it was made? So far I'm guessing not WW2, but none of the post war ones I'm finding pictures of have the machine stamping as the war ones.

the "jvd" is a code for the factory in which it was made. During the war, weapons and parts were stamped with codes rather than specific factory names so that the Allies couldn't use captured weapons to determine which factories to bomb, among other things. Based on a quick Google search, "jvd" is a common stamp, means "Erste Nordböhmische Metallwarenfabrik" (First North Bohemian Metal Goods Factory). The factory was located in Dolní Poustevna, in what is now Czech Republic, on the German border.

As with 1911s, there are P38 nerds who could probably tell you far more.

Back
Top Bottom