• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can you carry in Boston?

Carry everwhere you go.....why take chances![wink]

+1

Well said!! [smile]

Why would you NOT carry in Boston or anywhere else for that matter?

The problem I have is not IF I'm going to carry; it's what I am going to carry for that day. [wink]

[hmmm] Is there a law against how many you can carry? **Kidding**

not true, Boston will give out a "Restrictions: None" but only under circumstances of carryin large amounts of cash, etc.

Well, okay, that may be the case, but I would have expected the cash reason would get an employment restriction.

Still, I only know personally who has a "Restrictions: none" permit without having to justify it.

I went to a Sox game at Fenway last September. I did not carry in because I figured they pat you down. I was not patted down or even asked about weapons. I hardly ever go into the city but have always carried (other than this time) since I was 21.

BTW, Ortiz hit a walk-off to win that game!!

thats why I like my little hill town in MA right on the VT, NH border. We still have to comply with the dumb ass MA gun laws however getting a class A non restricted license is no problem. I hope to keep it that way.

I will never NOT carry in Boston. [smile]

I've heard conflicting arguments about this subject.

If you have a class A license to carry in Mass can you carry in Boston?

No, it is illegal to carry anywhere in Boston. If you carry in Boston, Menino will sense it and have a stroke while blowing Ted Kennedy while simultaneously getting a reach around from Paul Helmke. You will be charged with murder should Menino die from said stroke.

Just be aware of your surroundings. There are plenty of colleges/universities in town. Campuses (Campi?) are spread out, detached and not always labeled. A good third of Comm Ave. could possibly be considered the BU campus by someone intent on giving you a hard time. I have no idea where MIT property begins and ends in Kendall square

If a hospital is affiliated w/ a university (NEMC = Tufts, BIDMC = Harvard), does that make it part of the university?

Last edited:
No, it is illegal to carry anywhere in Boston. If you carry in Boston, Menino will sense it and have a stroke while blowing Ted Kennedy while simultaneously getting a reach around from Paul Helmke. You will be charged with murder should Menino die from said stroke.

Which stroke would that be.... ?[thinking] [devil2]

Just be aware of your surroundings. There are plenty of colleges/universities in town. Campuses (Campi?) are spread out, detached and not always labeled. A good third of Comm Ave. could possibly be considered the BU campus by someone intent on giving you a hard time. I have no idea where MIT property begins and ends in Kendall square

If a hospital is affiliated w/ a university (NEMC = Tufts, BIDMC = Harvard), does that make it part of the university?

I think the hospital would have to be owned by the university or otherwise considered part of the school. Every major hospital in Boston has an affiliation with Tufts, Harvard, or BU.

You'd also have to be careful. In the case of TMC, you can walk down a hall and suddenly be on school property. All in all, I wouldn't carry in the main teaching hospitals for each school.

And which tool neg repped me for scrivening the newbie?

Back
Top Bottom