Can you buy Magpul FDE paint ??

My google-fu is failing me or I'm just searching badly. So the question is.

1. Can you buy paint that matches the Magpul FDE color spec.
2. Is this advisable ?

I'm trying to match up some parts that just don't come in FDE or at least are a pain in the ass to find. Thinking of painting a few mags as well.

Advice?

Duracoat sells a Magpul FDE. There is also Brownell's Alumahyde II, which is a rattlecan and very close in color to Magpul FDE.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I think you'd be disappointed with the match between Duracolor FDE and Magpul FDE.

Here's an AR lower in Duracoat FDE with Magpul furniture:

2ee9z6h.jpg

2ewh0mb.jpg

I don't like the match. Cerakote FDE is a much better match for Magpul, IMO:

29bc4kj.jpg

I recommend GunKote Magpul FDE, here is a pic of my 300 BLK, all done with GunKote. It is a close as I've seen.

300BLK_8-001.jpg

300BLK_4-001.jpg

Mowat,

I have an in on someone that does Cerakote, they do the Magpul FDE color

PM if you are interested

Thanks Duece I will keep it in mind. I've got the major parts Cerakote upper/lower/handgaurd(coming soon hope !). I have the magpul stock and handgaurd coming in as well in FDE it's the little stuff which would probably cost an arm and leg to do that I was looking for paint for. I know the "black accents" aren't that bad I just don't want that many. And my OCD is wanting to FDE some mags to match. /grumble about not being able to buy FDE pmags..

Thanks Duece I will keep it in mind. I've got the major parts Cerakote upper/lower/handgaurd(coming soon hope !). I have the magpul stock and handgaurd coming in as well in FDE it's the little stuff which would probably cost an arm and leg to do that I was looking for paint for. I know the "black accents" aren't that bad I just don't want that many. And my OCD is wanting to FDE some mags to match. /grumble about not being able to buy FDE pmags..

I hope all the FDE Parts match. 9 times out of 10, the shades will be close, but not identical.

I hope all the FDE Parts match. 9 times out of 10, the shades will be close, but not identical.

I'm pretty much expecting them to not match that way I won't be disappointed. I tried to read up and get advice on which ones were "close" but not getting my hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom