Can we talk about how bad OpticsPlanet is

What I didn’t understand is that my PO BOX is my billing address, all of my mail goes there for years, including CC bills, so how does that not reflect as the verified billing address? Not that you have to answer or know the answer but that was my point of saying ya thanks bro I’ll take my refund and shop elsewhere.

One possibility is that the verification systems automatically reject that because its not considered a physical residence/business address. I guess what I'm getting at, is you could have the
OTHER address (the one you actually wanted your stuff shipped to) added to your acct and have that verify, though.

I don't blame you at your recalcitrance, for the seller to ask for that, that way, is kind of bizarre. Usually there are other credit card verification systems. I probably would have
balked at it too, and said "If I can get my bank to register it as an authorized address so it passes verification, is that good enough?" if the vendor says no, then I'd just go
elsewhere.

Back in the early 2000s I used to order a bunch of computer parts and most part vendors had the same policy- bill to/ship to had to be the same, because of fraud, and they would verify. So I called up the CC company, and after the usual 5-10 minutes of verification BS (to find out who you say you really are, etc. ) I was able to get them to add an additional verification address into my "file" so that it would still verify even with the other address. I seem to remember a caveat at least with BOA though, I think after 1 or 2 years the extra address would "fall off" the account and you would have to re-add it or something. Or you would have to re-add it every time they issued you a new card.
Yes this same thing has happened with me and my Credit One card, it was bizarre and kept me checking my balance every day periodically for around a week to report ‘$0.17 here!’ and ‘43 cents thank you!’ I agree with cams it’s a total ball buster.

Ive never had any trouble with them. Then again, I'm usually not in any rush to get anything from them. Most times its to replace something I've used.
Besides the Aero removable carrying handle I ordered from them a couple weeks ago (which came in a week) I forget the last thing I ordered from them and feel the same way...it's plate carrier related and I think it's scheduled to come soon.

So from my orders placed Friday, current tracking status from the carriers:

Primary Arms and Cheaper Than Dirt, arriving Thursday.

Optics Planet, arriving Friday.

Really not a big difference when OP was a better deal and the shipping was free.

Meanwhile have been waiting on an Aero upper receiver that is integral to a project I want to finish. M5E1 cerakoted, had been backordered/NA about everywhere and initially ordered it from OP in April, projected shipping date slipped and slipped...

Meanwhile I saw a couple places get them back in/out of stock in recent weeks (for about $50 more though - alot on a $150 item). Has had me worried with current events was just going to be a cluster that kept going until something else bad happened. Seemed like OP just was getting stock way behind or taking forever to process it, or was just dicking around, no way to tell. Given there is no good way to speak with a human about it I clicked "cancel" on my order last night, 10 minutes later got an email confirmation. Paid the +$50 from Granite Ridge and my upper will be here by the end of the week I am sure.

In short, nothing awful about OP you just get what you pay for. Talking to a human is near impossible but the online stuff works just fine.

Last edited:
and here's another reason i NEVER give business to opticsplanet: they're the world's largest shill dropshipper middleman, licking gov boot by immediately ceasing sales of pistol braces

...however, you can figure out which garbage old braces they actually have in stock because they're still selling them...

i would rather purchase from coca-cola or amazon than these clowns. proud to say my last purchase from them was around 2014.

Back
Top Bottom