Can u draw ur concealed carry in this case?

I love MMQB Mondays (yes I know that's redundant).

If someone professionally or personally says they have a gun/knife/tactical dildo in their pocket, that they verbalize assaulting me with:

I will pull my gun in tactical slow motion (which is technically high speed low drag)
I will point it center of available mass
I will dare them to beat the 1/8th of an inch my finger has to move
If anything other than pocket lint comes out... well....

KOOL_6-OOH-ad-Billboard.jpg

If someone professionally or personally says they have a gun/knife/tactical dildo in their pocket, that they verbalize assaulting me with:

I will pull my gun in tactical slow motion (which is technically high speed low drag)

Does that draw work with the sound effects from the six million dollar man? [rofl]

come on, honey badger don't care!

I did not see where it was her money, or someone elses money. That would make a big difference to me. Someone else owns the money, why would I risk even breaking a finger nail?

Guy pulls a gun out and now I am seriously threatened...then if I can shoot him I would do it.

Guy grabs the bag and runs away? If its my money I might give chase, someone elses money, I call the po po

Hopefully I would have kept my composure and ran his ass over with my truck as he fled on foot....take the insurance surcharge over the cost of the retainer for the lawyer

come on, honey badger don't care!

I did not see where it was her money, or someone elses money. That would make a big difference to me. Someone else owns the money, why would I risk even breaking a finger nail?

Guy pulls a gun out and now I am seriously threatened...then if I can shoot him I would do it.

Guy grabs the bag and runs away? If its my money I might give chase, someone elses money, I call the po po
if he pulls a gun and you are seriously threatened, you don't have time to draw before he shoots you. So regardless what you would like to do, if you draw at that point, its too late and you're dead, you've pretty much already determined you will do whatever he says by giving him the upper hand

Legally in this state this is probably the smart thing to do. However how often do you hear that a victim cooperated with all demands and the scum POS still shoots/stabs/kills them.

I don't know about you but I'm not going to gamble when my life is at stake.

One thing is for sure, I would never get back into the car. Once you are in there who knows if it could turn into a carjacking and with the guy behind you, you'll never know for sure if he has a gun until it is too late.

I totally agree. Once you get back in the car, you've automatically handed over any possibly/slight tactical advantage you could have whether it is to beat feet, or "show them yours" (which would be silly if you could reasonably escape). If a gun is not seen, it would most likely be shown at that point to "force your cooperation", so things become more clear and imminent at that point regarding YOUR actions.

Hingham police: Woman robbed in bank parking lot Sunday
CODY SHEPARD
PUBLISHED: JUL 21, 2014, 8:04 AM
UPDATED: JUL 21, 2014, 8:04 AM

In background, Hingham officer Nicholas Smith assists Cohasset Police K9 officer Patrick Reardon and his partner K9 Erik, searching for the robbery suspect along Beal St. Sunday, July 20, 2014. - Cohasset police photo
HINGHAM — Police are looking for a man who they say robbed a woman in a bank parking lot Sunday afternoon.

Sgt. Steven Dearth said a man, who said he had a gun, approached a woman who was getting out of her car to make a business deposit at a Rockland Trust on Sgt. William B. Terry Drive around 1:25 p.m. Dearth said when the woman, an employee at a nearby Weymouth business, leaned back into her car to grab a deposit bag, the suspect told her to get back into the car.

Dearth said the suspect told the woman that he had a gun, but he did not show it. Sitting in the back seat, the suspect demanded the deposit bag, Dearth said. After the woman gave the suspect the bag, he fled on foot on south toward Beal Street on Sgt. William B. Terry Drive.

Dearth said several officers, with help from a Cohasset police officer and dog, searched the area, but did not locate the robbery suspect.

The suspect was described as having dark skin, possibly a Hispanic male, with an unknown accent. The man was wearing black jeans, a black sweatshirt and a black hat and had a black mask covering his mouth and nose.

The bank parking lot is at the rear of Lincoln Plaza and on the opposite corner of the Hingham Shipyard entrance on Route 3A. Dearth said if people saw anyone in the area around that time, they should contact Detective Philip Emmott at 781-749-1212, or leave an anonymous tip on the department's website.

Hingham police are investigating the robbery.

Would u be in the right to draw and possably fire ur weapon in this case... Where there is a threat of a weapon but none shown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In court your defense would end up being "he said he had a gun......and I believed him". wether or not you end up in jail or not after the trail is over........well........that is simply a crap shoot. Trails have much more to do with good "acting" and "posturing" than they do with actual justice. If the AG goes to trial with it they will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHIGN to convict you.......top breed prosecutors do NOT like to lose and will drag your name, your spouses name, your and your kids name through the mud and yes.....lie their ****ing asses off.......to win their case once it goes to trail.

My rule of thumb is this. Imagine sitting in a prison cell for the next 15 years and ask yourself, "would you do it again"?

If the answer is yes: protecting my children, my wife, defense of an innocent - draw.
If the answer is no: my a@@hole neighbor, some clown in a Che shirt, 99.4% of Massachusetts - not worth my time, trouble or the expense of my ammo.

If I feel me or mine are in jeopardy - I'm acting. Otherwise, I'll be a good subject and provide a description - there aren't many people around here I'll go to jail for.

This is what this state has done to me, may it reap the whirlwind.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to wait until a gun is pointed at your or is discharged to be legally justified in using deadly force.

This is Mass. How's the AG going to react when the police tell him you shot an unarmed man? You think the AG cares about what you thought was legal? Your life is ruined. Like I said - someone else's money - here ya go. Unless I see a weapon..... then the situation obviously has changed. But if someone just says give me your money - I would probably be more inclined to laugh at them.

My rule of thumb is this. Imagine sitting in a prison cell for the next 15 years and ask yourself, "would you do it again"?

If the answer is yes: protecting my children, my wife, defense of an innocent - draw.
If the answer is no: my a@@hole neighbor, some clown in a Che shirt, 99.4% of Massachusetts - not worth my time, trouble or the expense of my ammo.

If I feel me or mine are in jeopardy - I'm acting. Otherwise, I'll be a good subject and provide a description - there aren't many people around here I'll go to jail for.

This is what this state has done to me, may it reap the whirlwind.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

This is Mass. How's the AG going to react when the police tell him you shot an unarmed man? You think the AG cares about what you thought was legal? Your life is ruined. Like I said - someone else's money - here ya go. Unless I see a weapon..... then the situation obviously has changed. But if someone just says give me your money - I would probably be more inclined to laugh at them.

@ everyone with the whole my money vs. not my money argument - so you value your life at what? A few thousand dollars? How much are we talking here? Your business' late night deposit is worth risking your life for but not somebody else's? Just curious of the logic. For the record I would pull and wait for his next move.

Last edited:
If you tell me that you have a gun, but don't pull it, I am going to put the muzzle of my CCW right in the middle of your forehead and tell you that I have one too.

I think this was a set up and they are both guilty.

Business owners: wouldn't insurance cover you?

I think this was a set up and they are both guilty.

Business owners: wouldn't insurance cover you?

This. Be a good witness if you are a bystander. If they were in cahoots, there goes your deadly force argument. You just screwed up their little scam is all.

And flashing around your evil firearm to boot. You are probably in more trouble than they are.

Back
Top Bottom