can someone help me out with loaddata.com??

i have a couple hundred 45 ACP 185gr lead SWC bullets and im having a very hard time finding recipes for them. i found one on loaddata.com, but you need an account to view it. i dont really want to spend a bunch of money on an account just to see 1 recipe. can anyone here with an account copy and paste the data?? or offer a recipe that they know of... thanks alot

There's quite a few loads for that bullet/cartridge here. Look for bullets marked LSWC.

If you need additional info, let me know, and I'll dig through my reloading manuals.

DISCLAIMER: Any load data I post or link to should always be verified by reliable reloading manuals or by the component manufacturer before being used by the reader.

Last edited:
only trust loading info from manuals as they have the latest and safest loading data available. try lymans relaoding manual, hornady or speer and the free manuals from the powder manufacturers. you should be able to find info in any one of these.

While everyone of the nice people here has great intentions, and would never knowingly steer you wrong, it's best if you find the info first hand (on your own), and not rely on what someone else could type in error.

If you are going to do any reloading, you should have at least one current reloading data book for reference, two or more if your budget allows.

Asking for recipes is asking for potential recipes for disaster.

Don't just presume that a recipe posted in some forum is accurate. Just my two cents worth.

only trust loading info from manuals as they have the latest and safest loading data available. try lymans relaoding manual, hornady or speer and the free manuals from the powder manufacturers. you should be able to find info in any one of these.

I'm not sure this statement is 100% correct.
I would tend to believe that Hodgdon's data online is more up to date than any manual. Hodgdon can update their data online whenever they so choose vs a load manual that might be printed once per year.

Steve

While everyone of the nice people here has great intentions, and would never knowingly steer you wrong, it's best if you find the info first hand (on your own), and not rely on what someone else could type in error.

If you are going to do any reloading, you should have at least one current reloading data book for reference, two or more if your budget allows.

Asking for recipes is asking for potential recipes for disaster.

Don't just presume that a recipe posted in some forum is accurate. Just my two cents worth.

Duke is 100% correct, and I was remiss for not posting a disclaimer to that effect. I sometimes forget that not everyone knows to check load data that they find online, or get from a friend. While I have used loads from web sites, I always check them against manuals or the powder manufacturer's web site.

Always use caution and common sense. The eyes and fingers you save may be your own. [grin]

I'm not sure this statement is 100% correct.
I would tend to believe that Hodgdon's data online is more up to date than any manual. Hodgdon can update their data online whenever they so choose vs a load manual that might be printed once per year.

Steve

you are right steve, i didnt think of the online data from the manufacturers when i posted my response. although i firmly believe in using/owning at least one or two manuals as they are kept right in the reloading area and are always right there for reference.

Back
Top Bottom