Can someone explain the Glock ban?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbi

I was reading around about pre-ban/post-ban and the rest of the crap and from what I understand (unless I didn't understand anything...) is that "THE ban" refers mostly - if not only - to Glocks. I know that our beloved state is against everything, but what does it have against Glock in particular? I didn't see any other guns/mags that are banned, all the buzz is 'Glock'.

Thanks.

I was reading around about pre-ban/post-ban and the rest of the crap and from what I understand (unless I didn't understand anything...) is that "THE ban" refers mostly - if not only - to Glocks. I know that our beloved state is against everything, but what does it have against Glock in particular? I didn't see any other guns/mags that are banned, all the buzz is 'Glock'.

Thanks.

What Ban are you referring to? There is no ban. You are over thinking the crap.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

Glocks manufactured pre 1998, some posts about mags pre ban/post ban, etc.

Long story short its a personal grudge between the Massachusetts Attorney General and Glock.

Do some more reading. You are missunderstanding what you are reading. All magazines are subject to local state capcity limits with exceptions for grandfathrerd magazines. MA has limited the sale of certain new pistol models starting at a certain time, 1998. This only applies to sales of new model pitsols by FFLs, personal transfers are legal; Glocks are not banned per se. Thier magazines, however, are subject to local MA capacity limits - which went into effect in 1998.

You are jumbling a few things together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom