Can someone call DCJIS for info on LTC-A?

I am just curious if someone can call DCJIS and find out if their LTC-A went through or is it protected info under the privacy act? Just was pondering this so I figured I would ask if anyone knew. was also wondering if a gun shop was to run someone before they got their LTC-A , what would it say to them if you were approved but had not received the LTC-A yet? these questions are just part of my overly inquisitive nature![laugh] Thanks!

Last edited:
It is private info.

However, some people have successfully called CJIS and asked if their LTCs were issued when they told CJIS that their PD had told them it was "hung up at state" after xx weeks. [PDs that like to just pile them up and ignore them for weeks/months like to blame the state for their own incompetence.]

Others have been told "we can't disclose that info".

So you could try and be lucky or not.

Good luck.

As an addendum to what LenS said, my state Senator (Moore) called them for me when I was waiting on my LTC, they told him that it had been printed and sent to my PD already. He also got them to print and send another one.

Last year when I was going through the process of getting my LTC I waited until after 40 days and called on a Tuesday and the person I talked to told me they hadn't received anything from my PD yet. I called back the following Monday and was told by the person I talked to " we cannot give that information out." So I decided to called back the next day on Tuesday and got the same person I had talked to a week earlier who told me that they had received everything from my PD the prior Thursday, printed my license and sent it out on Monday. I got the call from my PD on Thursday to pick it up. So in my case it was a matter of the person I talked to.

I am not really interested in calling anyway, I just have an inquisitive mind and like to know all I can I think. I do find it interesting that depending on who you speak to governs whether info is given out or not, seems odd that some must "follow the rules" where others "bend" the rules LOL!

You need to pound on them to see if they will tell you about it. I wouldn't bother unless you think the PD is jerking you around after the 40 day limit.

-Mike

I called CJIS about 2 (?) months ago inquiring about the status of my renewal. Was told that it had just been approved by the PD was was on it's way to the Firearms Bureau to be printed Got it about three weeks later. Did not seem to be a big deal with the person I talked with.

Seems like nothing has changed however.

Not always true. Like Commander Cody said in their introduction to "Hot Rod Lincoln",

"This story is true, only the engine oil has been changed to protect the pistons."

Back
Top Bottom