• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can private sale / transfer a AK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I private sale / transfer my AK in Mass? I have tried to find a clear answer on this one but am having some trouble.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can I private sale / transfer my AK? I have tried to find a clear answer on this one but am having some trouble.

Yes. How you go about doing it legally depends on federal and, depending on where you live, possibly state law. In other words, you'll need to provide more information to get an answer.

If you are in Mass...no one really knows per AG new "guidelines". Though you will get multiple "guesses" from many.

IANAL. With that being said, I would't transfer ANYTHING until this BS is squared away. Assuming you live in MA.

If you are in MA, no one really knows. But if you do ask the AG's office, get their answer in writing since it'll be subject to change at any time.

If you are in MA, no one really knows. But if you do ask the AG's office, get their answer in writing since it'll be subject to change at any time.

But since it can change anytime...getting a respond in writing won't help. You're back to no one knows.

From my understanding, you can transfer it, but only to someone in another state who can legally purchase it in their state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

The fact there is already 6 different opinions on this thread is why I personally wouldn't xfer anything....

But since it can change anytime...getting a respond in writing won't help. You're back to no one knows.

Might, and I do mean might, help with his defense when the guidance changes and she decides to prosecute. It's better than nothing.

Like Nike, Just Do It! [emoji48]

Seriously you may have to make your own decision because it is as clear as her reinterpretation is.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

What the written law literally says has no bearing on what the AG 'interprets' the law to mean or arbitrarily decide she has the authority to prosecute someone for.

We can't tell you how to follow the law when the actual letter of the law is not what is being enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom