• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can I store a loaded mag in a gun case in MA?

I live in MA, and I keep my handguns in a locked gun case. Is it legal for me to keep any ammo in said locked gun case as well? (in a magazine, speedloader, or loose?)

This seems to satisfy the "unloaded" requirement, but you never know in this state...

Nothing in MGLs specifies how loaded mags/ammo needs to be transported (wrt being separate from the guns).

Fed Law on interstate transportation does address this issue, and some OTHER states even forbid loaded mags in a vehicle. [rolleyes]

Nothing in MGLs specifies how loaded mags/ammo needs to be transported (wrt being separate from the guns).

Fed Law on interstate transportation does address this issue, and some OTHER states even forbid loaded mags in a vehicle. [rolleyes]

I don't know how many there are... but IIRC in CA a loaded magazine is the
same as a loaded gun. I doubt there is anything more than a handful of
states which regulate the transportation of magazines (loaded or
unloaded).

-Mike

But if you leave the vehicle, isn't is so that the ammo must be separate from the pistol? Or is this just such an ingrained myth in this overly-liberal state that I've been taken it as fact for years?! Hmm, just read the MGL again, looks like Myth Busters would say: busted!

-=chuck

Back
Top Bottom