Can I shoot Trap with this?

Was at my LGS yesterday and a customer was picking one of these up. I didn't know that Iver Johnson made this type. I think the barrel is a bit short for trap shooting. [cheers]

Pretty nice shotgun. He also had 10 rd mags for it.

Attachments

• C9A96C83-F604-4164-9ABC-E64E8F470D76.jpeg
    C9A96C83-F604-4164-9ABC-E64E8F470D76.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 64
Was at my LGS yesterday and a customer was picking one of these up. I didn't know that Iver Johnson made this type. I think the barrel is a bit short for trap shooting. [cheers]

You surely can.

Used to go to a club on Tuesday nights to shoot trap yeas ago and a guy showed up with an ak pattern 12G. He broke one......out of 75. 😂

You can, but you won't score well. You need a full choke to make the shot carry far enough.
I've thought about taking my 590 to try it out as it has the accu-choke system so I can throw a full choke in it. Unfortunately, it has a ghost ring, which I love, though I think may prove difficult to track with. Worth a shot!

When I was in the Greater Lowell Trap Asso there was a youngster who was a great shot out of the Lowell club in Chelmsford with his camo turkey gun.
Some Ahhole complained about it. Many of us were unhappy about it so not all trap guys are fudds.

When I was in the Greater Lowell Trap Asso there was a youngster who was a great shot out of the Lowell club in Chelmsford with his camo turkey gun.
Some Ahhole complained about it. Many of us were unhappy about it so not all trap guys are fudds.

people like that need to be ridiculed forever. if you did that, every time I saw you I would point and say 'hey look its the narc!'

You can, but you won't score well. You need a full choke to make the shot carry far enough.
Please 16 yard line you can bust them pretty well unless you let them get out there. Cylinder choke makes it tough but if that thing is putting the shot where your looking you will bust them

I've thought about taking my 590 to try it out as it has the accu-choke system so I can throw a full choke in it. Unfortunately, it has a ghost ring, which I love, though I think may prove difficult to track with. Worth a shot!
Just look at the clay target , you are not using sights in trap or any clays game.

The only problem with that is the carry handle may block your line of sight to the clay target.
Go to the trap range and give it s try.
I would

I've used one of those Citadel RS-S1 AK pattern semi auto 12 gauge shotguns out on the Trap field about a year ago, shooting 16 yd singles I hit like 47/50, the second game was a Straight. I had tossed the modified choke in it.

If it fits, it hits.

Give it a try, you'll either hit with it or you wont, but you're gonna have a smile either way.

Should work just fine even with an cylinder bore choke. You won't 'dust' the clay but you'll break them.

I went on the line with a mossy 590 and did just a bit worse then I normally do.

I've used one of those Citadel RS-S1 AK pattern semi auto 12 gauge shotguns out on the Trap field about a year ago, shooting 16 yd singles I hit like 47/50, the second game was a Straight. I had tossed the modified choke in it.

If it fits, it hits.

Give it a try, you'll either hit with it or you wont, but you're gonna have a smile either way.
I didn't buy one. Was there to get a pistol

Was looking at the AR-12 on Brownwells site for $600
Can't be shipped to peoples Republic of.

You can, but I don’t think you’ll have a lot of success. Also, prepare to get yelled at for holding up the line when you’re trying to load the second shell for each turn at the line (you know you’re going to be watching the other shooters...). It’s unlikely any club will let you fill a full mag. At least neither of mine will.

If you take that, I will take my trench gun with the bayonet attached.

I shot a round of trap with my KSG when I had it.. the looks and comments were priceless from the old club members and traditionalists. I only broke 3 or 4 but it was more than they expected

I was that guy at Nashua a few years ago - except I wasn't the worst one there. Got some condescending looks initially. Busted some clays, then a few people became curious about my Saiga 12.
Years back a young shooter pulled up, tatoos , gauges in his ears, few face piercings , dressed somewhere between the punk , goth and a bum.
The Fudds had their fun when he dragged out a 870 with a pistol grip stock and short fixed cylinder choke.
first round he shot a 18 2nd he shot a 23 .
That summer he startered running straights like the clays stood still.
One of the big time Fudds said to himim surprised you can hit anything with that gun and that shit on your face.
The young guy dis not miss a beat and said “well its my only gun and that bead lets me know I have a good cheek weld”

Back
Top Bottom