• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can I receive parts internationaly by mail?

Can I receive parts internationally by mail?

I have some parts I need from Switzerland or Germany and I can have them sent to an address in those countries, but I would like to know the lagalities with sending them to me here through the mail.

It's a bunch of screws and springs, a trigger shoe and a couple of magazine shells for a target pistol.

I do NOT know their laws, but I did correspond with the President of Sphinx Arms (Switzerland) back in late 2005/early 2006 wrt getting him to bring some mags to the Shot Show so a friend could pick them up for me in early 2006. The President of Sphinx Arms explained to me that mags are "controlled parts" in Switzerland and it would have been a felony (equivalent) if he brought them over to sell in the US.

So, I would NOT advise using friends for this as it could put them and you in a bad spot. Contact the companies and ask what they can ship and how they can do it. That's the best way to find out what is legal and what isn't.

There is some BATF bs about the value of the parts being imported... I think if
its over $100, you have to file some form. (and perhaps pay a tax?) You'd have
to do some more research... IIRC, this only covers sundry gun parts,
eg, "accessories" and not things like receivers (eg, reciever as in what
BATF would consider the firearm) or barrels.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom