Can I put an Airsoft upper on a real AR15 lower?

Reptile

NES Member
I'm not trying to make an airsoft gun fire real bullets.
I'm doing the opposite.
I love my lower and want to get some tactical rolls and Chris Costa moves in while I fire harmless airsoft pellets.
Is this possible?
I googled this and it's never been asked before.

3jzgj35.jpg

y2a9a8ys.jpg

I'm doing the opposite.
I love my lower and want to get some tactical rolls and Chris Costa moves in while I fire harmless airsoft pellets.
Is this possible?

Now you’ve taken it too far...

Will you and atilla just tell me when i should expect my form 1 back?
I swear I checked every box and initial next to it

What if we did the super secret handshake?
Well, the other option is to use a laser in my upper.

Trouble is I have to rack the slide after every shot.

I have such a laser that fits in the chamber.

I also have:

I bought a very expensive SIRT bolt laser but it does not work with Geissele triggers.

Maybe I should just practice with my current gear and get some good muscle memory racking the slide

Get the Ruckus instead.
Hell, they're cheap enough, he can buy the Ruckus and a complete airsoft rifle.

@Reptile: If you buy an entire airsoft gun you can put the wear and tear on its trigger, etc. This protects the value of your lower, while decreasing the chance you damage it in a training event.

@Reptile: If you buy an entire airsoft gun you can put the wear and tear on its trigger, etc. This protects the value of your lower, while decreasing the chance you damage it in a training event.
Then he can't upcharge for 'Battle worn' though

I'm doing the opposite.
Is this possible?
If anything should happen "they" will probably treat it as a firearm.
I know crossman made a pellet gun upper to fit lowers but do they actually make air soft uppers to fit?

Get the Ruckus instead.

I actually have a Ruckus on order. It's supposed to arrive in a couple weeks!
Why not just try it?
I have no idea how airsoft works.
If anything should happen "they" will probably treat it as a firearm.
I know crossman made a pellet gun upper to fit lowers but do they actually make air soft uppers to fit?
If I'm licensed to own an AR, I should be GTG for a airsoft upper on it.

I went straight to the source...

I talked to an airsoft shop...

They don't make the parts compatible so nobody can reverse engineer to create a working real gun.

Makes sense.

They sell airsoft M4's for under $400.

I think that is a great value and better than a blue gun for training.

With a sling, I can work on transitions between positions and kinestenic alignment and sight picture.

If girls can pole dance for exercise, I should be able to do a cardio workout routine with an M4 that would keep me in shape.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx_AA1cUFwA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCqvSw69pQ0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJKO-vDtyNs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyPwiYVOFak

So I’ve been to airsoft ranges in high ends of California...The only thing that disgusted me...They had all the real Eotech and aimpoints for sale.....The airsoft shop probably sold more optics than any gun store in the country to a bunch of 12-year-olds

So I’ve been to airsoft ranges in high ends of California...The only thing that disgusted me...They had all the real Eotech and aimpoints for sale.....The airsoft shop probably sold more optics than any gun store in the country to a bunch of 12-year-olds
They probably wish they could own a real gun.
In the mean time they want all the cool stuff just like the rest of us.
dac2d81cc3238750b2c8ded946a8cc2b.jpg

30158162.jpg

I'm going with yes, if you get one of these ~2010 Tokyo Marui Airsoft AR15 uppers that were too-accurate clones of Stag AR-15s.

I'm doing the opposite.
Is this possible?

I was Airsoft tech from 2005 to 2013. I built and repaired close to 3000 guns. I worked for Craig L. at Federal airsoft.
Was also staff at TOLCOM in Tolland Mass, did Modern, WW2 & Vietnam events in MA, CT, Maine, and NY.

AR front end furniture for higher end airsoft guns (full floating rails) Yes and No (may have to dremel).
Depends on the airsoft base gun - Airsoft M16/M4/AR Barrel Nut's are USUALLY the same diameter and width.
I have put real steel front end keyhole rails on airsoft guns with no modifications and bolt on just like a real one. (More $$$)

Q&A Stuff:

Will Airsoft front end furniture fit on real steel? Yes. The quality will be lower and the metal thinner. You MAY have to modify. (Check install instructions and what type of airsoft gun it goes on.)

Can rear airsoft stocks be used? Possible depends on the style of stock. Telescoping stocks may not last long term due to recoil.

Can an Airsoft AR Lower be converted to real steel? NO. Thin metal, and is missing most of the entire cavity.

Can you put real steel mags in airsoft guns? YES. AFTER heavily modifying. I converted a couple of real surplus HK and FAL mags to Airsoft.

Can Airsoft Mags be converted to real steel? NO... No feed lips.

Can a real gun fire airsoft bb's? YES. A company called MAD Bull made 12 guage shotgun shells which held BB's and Gas.
You loaded them into any real shotgun to shoot 16(?) bb's at once. They made a limited batch run and were made for training LEO's on a budget.

I am also of guilty of converting a De-milled an MG42 and a 1919a4 to airsoft... Please forgive me... :(

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom