can I lose my LTC?

I moved from RI to MA about two years ago. I purchased a Glock 43 while living in RI and brought it to MA when I moved, however I never registered it in the state of MA. I guess the rule is that it must be registered within 60 days of moving, but it's my fault, I just wasn't aware of the laws then.

I recently got my LTC in MA and I'm wondering if it's too late to register the Glock ? Should I even attempt it or should I just try selling it? I just don't want to take the chance of losing my LTC because I didn't follow the rules. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There is no law specifying that you must report to the state or the local licensing authority what firearms you already possess, i.e. filling out an FA-10 for your current collection or submitting a list to the local police.

From: New Resident Info | Massachusetts Firearms | GOAL - GOAL.ORG

I read something that a once you move to MA, you have 60 days to register your gun. Plus I guess its on the non-compliant roster. Are you saying I don't have to register it? Can I carry it?

I moved from RI to MA about two years ago. I purchased a Glock 43 while living in RI and brought it to MA when I moved, however I never registered it in the state of MA. I guess the rule is that it must be registered within 60 days of moving, but it's my fault, I just wasn't aware of the laws then.

I recently got my LTC in MA and I'm wondering if it's too late to register the Glock ? Should I even attempt it or should I just try selling it? I just don't want to take the chance of losing my LTC because I didn't follow the rules. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No, if you moved here with it just forget about it and stop worrying about it. Move ins are exempt.

Forget the stupid f***ing roster, too. Just forget it. It is meaningless to you as a gun owner. The sooner you forget the f***ing thing the better of you'll be...

-Mike

I read something that a once you move to MA, you have 60 days to register your gun. Plus I guess its on the non-compliant roster. Are you saying I don't have to register it? Can I carry it?

You have an LTC, right? So carry your firearm within the limits of that license.

You don't have to register your existing firearms when you move in; you do have to be aware of Massachusetts' laws regarding "assault weapons", "pre-bans" and "pre-ban magazines".

The "ROSTER" is nothing more than a list of guns that are approved to be sold by FFL's. It has nothing to do with what you already own.

Back
Top Bottom