Can i hunt deer in MA with a pistolgrip shotgun?

Have two sbs in holsters. Yell do you feel lucky, well, do you as you finish stalking your quarry. Brenneke Rotweil slugs.

Nice job scaring the poor guy away, folks. Sheesh.

Newbie on NES: "Should I dry brine or soak my pork before smoking?"

NES Faithful: "You have no right even being near fire. Or food for that matter. It's troglodytes like you who give all of us other air-breathers a bad name. I hope you set yourself on fire accidentally!"

[rofl]

Well since I was the first person to jump on the guy, when he comes back and posts a picture of the pistol grip shoulder stock I'll retract my statement and apologize.

Until then I'll stand by my post.... there are far more pistol grip stocks on home defense guns than full stocks with a pistol grip (AR style)

The way this thread previews in my "Forum List" is:

Can i hunt deer in MA with a pistol...​

I thought this was going to be a pistol hunting thread.

NES Rule number 1: never expect a straight answer to your question. Expect attacks, advice, jokes and completely unrelated comments to your post
^^^ This

It is the modern-day way that others help your thread get BTT'd...

Well since I was the first person to jump on the guy, when he comes back and posts a picture of the pistol grip shoulder stock I'll retract my statement and apologize.

Until then I'll stand by my post.... there are far more pistol grip stocks on home defense guns than full stocks with a pistol grip (AR style)
Mine has a PG and stock combo. It also still has the 18.5 in. smoth bore non-choked barrel. Stock or not, unless that deer is 20 ft away it's useless for hunting.

If you are man enough, you can try a single shot, like the men that tamed America used.

7r3zaflat6x61.png

Just so I can clear up the confusion it is a pistol grip and stock. As far as the ethics go I plan on using slugs either that or Buckshot with a choke it is an 18.5 inch barrel I for sure would be more confident with a 24-inch Barrel and I'm certainly no advocate for animal suffering but I do feel like a rifled slug should have the required stopping power my biggest worry was whether Massachusetts was going to try and call it an assault shotgun and therefore not suitable for hunting since we can't even hunt deer with a rifle it's kind of an obscure shotgun so I wasn't able to find any larger Barrel options than what it came with I got the shotgun in a trade for a cheap pistol. Had I more options I probably would have gone with a Mossberg. I can say I won't be hunting alone and me and my buddy are probably both going to try and drop a shot on at the same time if we're next to each other

Just so I can clear up the confusion it is a pistol grip and stock. As far as the ethics go I plan on using slugs either that or Buckshot with a choke it is an 18.5 inch barrel I for sure would be more confident with a 24-inch Barrel and I'm certainly no advocate for animal suffering but I do feel like a rifled slug should have the required stopping power my biggest worry was whether Massachusetts was going to try and call it an assault shotgun and therefore not suitable for hunting since we can't even hunt deer with a rifle it's kind of an obscure shotgun so I wasn't able to find any larger Barrel options than what it came with I got the shotgun in a trade for a cheap pistol. Had I more options I probably would have gone with a Mossberg. I can say I won't be hunting alone and me and my buddy are probably both going to try and drop a shot on at the same time if we're next to each other
The slug out of the 18.5 barrel, with the distances people hunt in most of NE, will be enough.

People used to kill every animal in NA with a round lead ball shot from a musket.

I have a Mossberg 930SPX with a pistol grip - also has a stock. I'm dead nuts accurate with it at 100Yds. Not sure why you can't be?.... did I miss something?

I have a Mossberg 930SPX with a pistol grip - also has a stock. I'm dead nuts accurate with it at 100Yds. Not sure why you can't be?.... did I miss something?

I guess some folks here drop their shotguns on a frequent basis. I'm not sure I'd trust 100yds, but I know at 50 with my 870 and slugs I'd be fine.

Pistol grip only.

Was shooting target loads.

I'm 6'6 and 300 lb so bot a heavy lift

You don't make a claim like that without further elaboration! Was it shooting from the hip with both hands low, or shooting from eye level sighting down the barrel, or shooting one-handed, Terminator style?

Last edited:

Thanks for explaining it. Welcome to NES.

Makes sense to think that something completely innocent would be illegal in Massachusetts - but in this case it isn't, yet.

Back
Top Bottom