• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can i Fire a black powder musket in my back yard?

Blanks of course, NE patriots style. Or like a parade. I have a Spanish flintlock that’s dying to ignite a pan....

Thanks, Matt

Depends on the laws where you live. Since you mention the Patriots you might be in Ma. So the answer would be no.If you lived in NH, then yes.

First, you said the right thing "depends on the laws", then you gave wrong information (highlighted).

OP, it depends on your town. Check the bylaws on the website and it will tell you.

If the town allows it, all you have to worry about is meeting the State laws, distance from a road and distance from a neighboring house (unless that person gives you permission).

I used to shoot muskets in Kingston, MA out in the woods. Kingston allows shooting in town property (at least it did when I lived there) and didnt have anything against shooting in your own property.

I’d wait till July 4 when people are expecting it and let one go. Most nervous Queen Karens will not call the cops until after the second boom on the fourth.

Nashua, NH, is 35 square miles. I have 10 acres of woods behind my home but the law says no discharge of fireams in the city limits. I don't want to argue with police over whether a blackpowder musket or pistol qualifies.

Try a few of these!!!

aluminium-green-white.jpg

My godfather had a bronze cannon, with about a 1" bore that he'd light off in his yard in Reading.

BOOM

Of course that was a 45+ years ago, and times were different, then. [laugh]

Town matters, neighbors matter. Some towns turn a blind eye and deaf ear for Independence Day, others not so much.

Blanks of course, NE patriots style. Or like a parade. I have a Spanish flintlock that’s dying to ignite a pan....

Thanks, Matt
If all you want is to light the pan, pinch of #4 and a flint. No sound unless a spark hits you. You can even do it in the house if you don't mind the smell, smoke and divorce.

Back
Top Bottom