Can I find out what firearms are registered in my name?

I moved to NH and have firearms that my Dad gave me over the years.
His will left a division of property not specific items, is there a way to check wether these are registered in his name?
Thanks

Sorry for your loss.

Serious question!

Why do you care?

No need to list by S/N in a will and prior registration (or not) is totally irrelevant, especially since you aren't an inmate of MA any more.

You can submit a Notarized form and check and wait a month or two to get a list of what YOU have registered in your name. There is no mechanism (TTBOMK) for someone to get that list of someone else's firearms even if they are deceased.

Thank you.
Was accused of theft of his firearms by the estate. Stored his firearms in my licensed household because his was unsafe, at his request. Never transferred them to my name because they are his. I have several hundred of mine and cherished few rifles from him. Now I have to turn in all of his because I don't know which are legally mine. Will loose the happiest memories we had together

Last edited:
Do they( the estate) know exactly what is missing from his collection?
Give them a couple of red Ryder bb guns and an old wall hanger that doesn't mean anything to you..

Last edited:
Thank you.
Was accused of theft of his firearms by the estate. Stored his firearms in my licensed household because his was unsafe, at his request. Never transferred them to my name because they are his. I have several hundred of mine and cherished few rifles from him. Now I have to turn in all of his because I don't know which are legally mine. Will loose the happiest memories we had together

ugghh... how can they sieze your property. I had to wait over a year before we could dispose of any assets of my brother including firearms...big problem with us he had guns that belonged to other people. Cluster **** that was.
Although I cant see how they can take all your guns. They would need a detailed list of what was stolen I would think

Thanks

ok, getting off point a little.
His guns are the estates guns , they can and should have them exactly as I secured them.
I don't have any intention of skirting any laws.
Just needed to know if there is a mechanism for the state to tell me what is registered in his name.
Thanks

ok, getting off point a little.
His guns are the estates guns , they can and should have them exactly as I secured them.
I don't have any intention of skirting any laws.
Just needed to know if there is a mechanism for the state to tell me what is registered in his name.
Thanks

As I stated, I am unsure if they would do that. You might call FRB, explain and ask if that is possible?

Be aware that (according to others who have received the list of their guns in the system) others report inaccuracies, some guns they registered weren't listed. When they computerized they had to read faded hen-scratch and translate that into English, some records were destroyed due to flooding and mold, etc. So don't expect accuracy.

Water under the dam, but when you took possession of them, you should have provided a detailed list to the executor/executrix so that there would be an inventory and no doubt what was there and who has them.

Thanks Len-2A. Yup, documented what came out of the house but he didn't believe In registering what he gave me (found out too late). So my rifles with rifles with fond memories will have to go up for sale.

You can submit a Notarized form and check and wait a month or two to get a list of what YOU have registered in your name. There is no mechanism (TTBOMK) for someone to get that list of someone else's firearms even if they are deceased.
Durable power of attorney for a family member might do it.

The FRB search form can be submitted by the executor or administrator of an estate (must include appropriate documentation, in addition the notarized form and money order).

Back
Top Bottom