• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can I carry

Providing the correct license, can I carry my firearm with me in a company van?

Service business, driving company van to and from jobs is that o.k., or does it depend on company policy?

Thanks

Don't ask don't tell is a good policy (obviously following all restrictions that may have been put on your license)

Check to see if your company has a written policy against weapons. I personally would not ask my employer but would investigate written policies.
Also, remember all of the places you cannot carry, i.e. schools, federal buildings, court houses. Your LTC (unrestricted) applies 24 hours a day regardless of whether or not you are working.
IANAL

even if your company has a no weapons policy you arent breaking any laws, and getting fired is not as bad as getting killed. If you keep it concealed you should have no problems unless you are in a position that you do need to use it.

Service business, driving company van to and from jobs is that o.k., or does it depend on company policy?

You cannot be prosecuted for simply violating company policy in MA (some states have "binding signage" law - MA is not one of them), but there is no protection against "firing for cause" if you violate such a policy.

Back
Top Bottom