• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can I carry in NH with a Mass LTC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, just paranoia.
That is complete BULLSHIT!! Here is the actual answer posted here,

"This was posted April 27, 2019 on Northeast Shooters Page #8 about Shooters Outpost opening a new store in Amherst, NH

FID & buy all the Ammo in the place. No FID/ no ammo. It does prevent ammunition from my store to be on your streets by the people that you wouldn’t want to be in public with your family. It has little to do with your AG. To prevent the accusations of profiling, we ask everyone to see the FID/or LTC. There has been more than you could ever imagine. No card holder has ever left without ammunition or compliant long guns they’ve wanted. You folks think it’s about you, it’s about the ones that can’t get what you have. If I just sold to everyone without asking, you’d be more pissed off if one of those “bad” sales ended up with it being unlawful to shop on this side of the border or your family were victimized by one of those scum. Come work for a week, I’ll show you some that would scare the shit out of you!"

Thanks FisherTech for that background! I am glad you corrected the drgrant post. Save us from his know-it-all pontificating about everything and anything.

The constitution says that you can carry in all 57 states, that’s the only permission slip you need!

Well, you see the issue there? There was no reason to call beforehand to purchase ammo. You caused the issue at hand all on your own, by making that call. That is how the Mass mind think will always screw you in the end. You feel that you must announce your ma**h***ness when coming out into the free world. Just say no. Don't do it.
Yes we are indeed slaves to our masters here in Massachusetts. We have hundreds of rules and regulations we must follow and like obedient peons we put our heads down and pull our loads praying not to feel the overseer's whip upon our backs. It must be great to live in a "free" state such as you do and be able to buy what you want when you want wherever you want but for those of us who must observe every niggling rule and regulation can you revile us for simply trying to avoid the master's boot on our neck?

No, that would be the New Hampshire shops making up their own rules and saying it is against the law to sell ammo to a resident of MA, unless they have an LTC permit in MA.
Or try to purchase a magazine over 10 rounds in NH. When it's not illegal to sell or possess there either.
No such laws in New Hampshire exist that prohibit the sale of ammo or magazines to MA residents.

I love it when a free state shop imposes their own 2A restrictions that are contrary to the laws in their own state![slap]
I support the 2nd Amendment, but...[puke2]

Must be a New Hamphole thing![popcorn]

PS. I bet our pot shops sell to NH residents visiting us here in MA.[smile]
And none of those shops get my business. They are part of the f***ing problem. There is zero legal liability for them if they follow state and federal law. Spend money at shops that follow the law.

When a shop goes all full retard fudd and says they support the 2nd amendment and make up some reason why they go against their own state laws regarding a sale.
Like they somehow have control over where and what happens to it after the sale.
Because everyone in their state is incapable of misusing it as well...[rolleyes]

Love it when a person gets all butt hurt when you point it out to them.
When they say MA has retarded laws and they make up their own, non-existent, retarded laws![rofl2]

The hate from those in NH is awesome.
Live free or die.
Hold my beer while I infringe on someone's right.[smile]

Last edited:
Most gun shops have cameras and when they see a Ma plate on a vehicle then they know you're from Mass. When I went to Old Guns and Glory with a friend of mine a couple of years ago they wanted to see his LTC for his ammo purchase. He refused, he told them he doesn't need to show it in NH. The sold him the ammo.
Another point, correct me if I'm wrong, a Mass resident has the right to conceal carry in NH but I believe if you want to open carry in NH you need your LTC.

Most gun shops have cameras and when they see a Ma plate on a vehicle then they know you're from Mass. When I went to Old Guns and Glory with a friend of mine a couple of years ago they wanted to see his LTC for his ammo purchase. He refused, he told them he doesn't need to show it in NH. The sold him the ammo.
Another point, correct me if I'm wrong, a Mass resident has the right to conceal carry in NH but I believe if you want to open carry in NH you need your LTC.
You are wrong.
[horse]

When a shop goes all full retard fudd and says they support the 2nd amendment and make up some reason why they go against their own state laws regarding a sale.
Like they somehow have control over where and what happens to it after the sale.
Because everyone in their state is incapable of misusing it as well...[rolleyes]

Love it when a person gets all butt hurt when you point it out to them.
When they say MA has retarded laws and they make up their own, non-existent, retarded laws![rofl2]

The hate from those in NH is awesome.
Live free or die.
Hold my beer while I infringe on someone's right.[smile]

Don't like it here, stay down there. 🤷‍♂️

Jesus, wrong on so many points, especially that last one.

Any non-prohibited person can carry a handgun, openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, in NH. End of story. It astounds me the number of people who try to complicate that simple concept. This should also completely answer the OP's question.

"What if I'm from MA? What it it's the third Thursday of the month? What if I'm wearing a red shirt? What it I'm from MA, wearing a red shirt, on the third Thursday?"

"Most gun shops have cameras and when they see a Ma plate on a vehicle then they know you're from Mass." Really? What's that assertion based on? And then what? Do they have facial recognition software to match you against the car? Ever seen how many cars are in the SO parking lot on an average Saturday? They'd need a full-time employee to monitor the cameras and "tag" customers to the car.

A couple of well-known stores ask for ID, and require a MA LTC if they see a MA ID. Store policy, but they make no secret of it, they apply it to everyone, and it's been beaten to death here. I don't like it, but their store, their policy.

Don't like it here, stay down there. 🤷‍♂️
I am here and don't like it, Those mentioned shops will never see a dollar of mine and I continue to tell others about them. Whoever posted about the open carry, WE DO NOT AND YOU DO NOT ANY KIND OF PERMIT IN NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!

Those of you that suck up to those stores that shit on your rights, well you are well conditioned and deserve what ever you get.

I am here and don't like it, Those mentioned shops will never see a dollar of mine

OK, good. Personally, I don't care.

This was a thread about carrying a firearm in NH, which it the single most simple topic that can be discussed on this board, bleating about store policy has nothing to do with the OP coming to NH and carrying a gun.

Last edited:
Is that shop still open?

A couple have closed there

I wondered the same thing because I know of two gun stores that used to be in Pelham, and both were owned by Tyngsboro cops. One closed, and I believe the other was moved to MA.

I wondered the same thing because I know of two gun stores that used to be in Pelham, and both were owned by Tyngsboro cops. One closed, and I believe the other was moved to MA.

One was owned by Terry Goode, Collectors Militaria, he closed the Pelham shop and then sold the N. Chelmsford location. He was a retired Chelmsford Firefighter. The guy he split the Pelham store with was not a cop.

One was owned by Terry Goode, Collectors Militaria, he closed the Pelham shop and then sold the N. Chelmsford location. He was a retired Chelmsford Firefighter. The guy he split the Pelham store with was not a cop.

That is not either of the stores I'm talking about. The store that closed was called Pelham Firearms. I still have a T-shirt the owner gave me.

That is complete BULLSHIT!! Here is the actual answer posted here,

"This was posted April 27, 2019 on Northeast Shooters Page #8 about Shooters Outpost opening a new store in Amherst, NH

FID & buy all the Ammo in the place. No FID/ no ammo. It does prevent ammunition from my store to be on your streets by the people that you wouldn’t want to be in public with your family. It has little to do with your AG. To prevent the accusations of profiling, we ask everyone to see the FID/or LTC. There has been more than you could ever imagine. No card holder has ever left without ammunition or compliant long guns they’ve wanted. You folks think it’s about you, it’s about the ones that can’t get what you have. If I just sold to everyone without asking, you’d be more pissed off if one of those “bad” sales ended up with it being unlawful to shop on this side of the border or your family were victimized by one of those scum. Come work for a week, I’ll show you some that would scare the shit out of you!"
I don't know it's still pretty much reads like paranoia to me. There are several shops that are paranoid of either "people from MA" or MA authorities.

Last edited:
AWWWW! One of the mods is butt hurt, Poor baby,,,

Nope, just sick of his retard comments. Nothing wrong with your post btw, I think we actually agree, not sure why you see differently. The "carding policies" of various stores are born
out of various types of fear, and depending on ones POV are completely insane, or completely reasonable.

Nope, just sick of his retard comments. Nothing wrong with your post btw, I think we actually agree, not sure why you see differently. The "carding policies" of various stores are born
out of various types of fear, and depending on ones POV are completely insane, or completely reasonable.
Okay, I yield!

Mike, Those shops can what ever the F**K they want and I spend my money else where. They are in NEW HAMPSHIRE, They enjoy NEW HAMPSHIRE LAWS AND RULES. As far as the the quote I posted that isn't "Paranoia" That is a control freak, Making worthless excuses, To validate his control fetish.

Jesus, wrong on so many points, especially that last one.

Any non-prohibited person can carry a handgun, openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, in NH. End of story. It astounds me the number of people who try to complicate that simple concept. This should also completely answer the OP's question.

"What if I'm from MA? What it it's the third Thursday of the month? What if I'm wearing a red shirt? What it I'm from MA, wearing a red shirt, on the third Thursday?"

"Most gun shops have cameras and when they see a Ma plate on a vehicle then they know you're from Mass." Really? What's that assertion based on? And then what? Do they have facial recognition software to match you against the car? Ever seen how many cars are in the SO parking lot on an average Saturday? They'd need a full-time employee to monitor the cameras and "tag" customers to the car.

A couple of well-known stores ask for ID, and require a MA LTC if they see a MA ID. Store policy, but they make no secret of it, they apply it to everyone, and it's been beaten to death here. I don't like it, but their store, their policy.

I think this pretty much encompasses the OPs question in entirety and the rest of the stuff is a dead horse we don't need to be unburying and beating to death. [laugh]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom