• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can I carry in Maine with Mass. LTC-A, unrestricted and/or NH Non-resident LTC???

KAYSPOP

Banned
Visiting Maine for 4 days vacation at the end of this month....
I have a Mass. LTC-A, unrestricted, as well as a NH non-resident LTC.....

Am I good in Maine with either/both of these?? If yes, are you 100% sure? If not, my options?? (I'm going July 31-Aug 3 )

Neither has reciprocity with Maine so the answer would be no. Check out usacarry.com. A useful resource.

Maine has no reciprocity with NH or ME.

You can open carry, that's your only option.

I can open carry?? My G26 on my hip...With no repercussions??

(UPDATE: Just watched that video: it was AWESOME!!!!)

Last edited:
Yes, you can carry with your MA LTC and NH non-resident P&R License. Now, neither of the licenses will do you any good, but sure you can carry. You can even legally carry in Maine with or without them, openly, and not in a vehicle.

Yes, you can carry with your MA LTC and NH non-resident P&R License. Now, neither of the licenses will do you any good, but sure you can carry. You can even legally carry in Maine with or without them, openly, and not in a vehicle.

Um...what do you mean they "won't do me any good"??
What I'm getting from this, correct me if I'm wrong, is that I cannot legally carry concealed, yet can carry my G26 openly, on my hip, on the beach, etc etc....And why would a state, any state (though I'm sure your info is correct) allow open carry and not concealed? I don't understand the logic

Um...what do you mean they "won't do me any good"??
What I'm getting from this, correct me if I'm wrong, is that I cannot legally carry concealed, yet can carry my G26 openly, on my hip, on the beach, etc etc....And why would a state, any state (though I'm sure your info is correct) allow open carry and not concealed? I don't understand the logic

I am saying is that both those licenses are meaningless in Maine. They are not recognized and there is no reciprocal agreement between the states.

There is no statute in Maine that makes the open carry of a firearm illegal, therefore, it is a legal activity. By statute, the conceal carry of a loaded firearm, or any carry of a loaded firearm in a vehicle is illegal, except under specified conditions, like having a Maine permit, for example.

Back
Top Bottom