• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can anyone tell me about this?

Yup Pacific hornady , you could probably unload that quickly up at minuteman in may when the state ATA state trap shoot starts.

I bought one once at a yard sale and ended up selling it on here.

Is it actually cheaper to make your own trap loads now?

Other than the lead increase back in mid 2000s when you where lucky to get a bag of lead shot for under $75/25lbs its always been either break even or cheaper to buy. Unless your a shot shell snob and absolutely need premier or gold loads.
Reloading shotshell for me was to load what I wanted when I wanted. I liked a light 7/8 oz load for 16-20 yards at the time the only "lite" loads where WinLite loads and they where hard to find and even 12plus years ago ran $7 a box.
The hornady is a good press but it does not seem to hold value like the possewarner or the dillon

Nope, not for 12ga. Lead is still ~$40 per bag so it is as expensive to load as to just pick up the shells on special.

I have a Posness Warren 400b on my bench that I have not pulled the handle on in about 10 years. Great machine but just not worth the time/effort.

Now, .410 or 28 ga is a whole other story.

Back
Top Bottom